Dancers Anonymous > Largest Forum I've Ever Seen

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by DanceMentor, Oct 1, 2003.

1. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

The Gaia Online Forum has nearly 5 MILLION posts. They often get over 200 posts a minute and over 1000 users online, sometimes over 2000!

WOW

2. dancergal

dancergal New Member

What kind of forum is it?? I'm glad we're not that big. We'd get lost in the shuffle, don't you think? :shock:

3. DanceMentor

I don't think I would want us to ever get that big. We would need hundreds of moderators. It's some kind of Anime forum and the users earn "gold" for participation. I don't completely understand it.

4. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Now that's just too big! How many people even get a chance to see any given post?

DanceMentor, I'm providing you with fair notice...if we ever get that big, I quit! :wink:

5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

A forum that big doesn't appeal to me either. I think the cool thing about this one, compared to a few others I've seen, is that it's still small enough to be personal. People care about each other, and give person-to-person advice. :D

6. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

Agreed! Like usual, pygmalion, you took the words write out of mouth...er, right out of my fingers :lol:

A forum that big would be REALLY difficult to be a part of. I know, even with this form, when I haven't checked in for a few days (I know, shock, gasp, horror) it takes about an hour to get caught up. Could you imagine how long it would take with a forum that big?????

I like our decent size forum family. There's always room to grow, just not THAT big.

7. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

But I've notice that forum forum is also VERY broad! I would imagine members would have one or three forums within the site that are "their" forums... and that would not be as difficult to keep up with... I didn't actually look around very much but this is how my brain decided to make sense of it.

8. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

I could never keep up with that. I'd get anxious and overwhelmed every time I signed in. This forum is a nice relaxed place to be. It's dancers' therapy :D

9. DanceMentor

Yes, I think I would be overwhelmed, too. I just found it interesting...and also hard to fathom 200 posts per minute. If Dance Forums ever gets that big...hmmm...you'd have to pay me lots of money to run it.

10. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

that's outrageous!

11. DanceMentor

Looks like this forums now has 8396365 posts!

12. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: