Country and Western > Las Vegas Comp.

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by Taurus57, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Taurus57

Taurus57 New Member

Is anyone on this forum headed to Las Vegas in December? It's the last chance to qualify for Worlds in Jan.

Taurus57

2. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

We just canceled as my wife just qualified in Dallas a few weeks ago.

So, are you going to World's? We're leaving on the 1st of Jan and coming back the 6th . . .

3. Taurus57

Taurus57 New Member

Am I going to Worlds?

Yes, my wife and I are also already qualified, but we want the floor time just before worlds. We'll be arriving on the 2nd and leaving on the 7th.

Taurus57

4. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

My wife will be resting up her injured knee, in hopes of not having to wear it to dance . . . she got dinged for wearing a brace in Dallas.

What aer yu guys competing in? Classic Couples???

You'll have to PM me some info and we can meet there . . . I'm sure there are going to be a few DF members there . . .

5. Taurus57

Taurus57 New Member

Yes, we compete in Classic Couples, Diamond III. A couple of years ago, the wife used to compete with Sloane Hansen. She won World Championships in Pro-Am Crystal III and Pro-Am Diamond II with him. Now, due to expenses, she is stuck with me in Couples Diamond III. I suppose now that identifies who the wife is. Since I'm new this year, there is not history on me.

Taurus57

6. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Kewl, Care (Carolyn) competes in CC Diamond II with one of her Pros . . .

Wow, his girls shine . . . and he presents them so well . . . Sloane and his girls did real well in Dallas a few weeks ago!

"STUCK?" Are you putting yourself down??? Did you have to start at III because of her experience, or did you start at IV?

Care wants me to do a different division with her, so I'd probably feel like you
    . . . and knock myself too!!! But I don't have the time with being in two bands . . .

7. Taurus57

Taurus57 New Member

We dance Competitive Ballroom as well and didn't think it would be right to start at IV since the only two dances I had to learn in a year!!! were Night Club and Two Step! Sorry, got a little out of character there. I had never even tried TS until a year ago July, so it's a little scary for me. I've done a little social NC, so I'm more comfortable there. We modified our ballroom Waltz, Cha Cha, and East Coast to fill out the five. I hope to eventually add Polka and West Coast, but not this year.

My hobby is Rockhounding, so for me dancing is what I do to spend time with my wife. After we dance on Thursday at Worlds, I've arranged to go rockhounding on Saturday with a friend I met a few years ago from the Nashville area. That's what I'm looking forward to!

Taurus57