Dancers Anonymous > Last night I....

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by elisedance, Oct 11, 2008.

1. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

I'd never get anything done if I were to listen to your 'torture' poems all the time [​IMG]

What's this about people saying different things about the way you dance?! Shame on them I say. Maybe show them the poem :lol:

Actually, that line 'danced like the wind' is from Patrick Swayze's 'She's like the wind'... [​IMG]

As for last night... I erm went to the gym and huffed and puffed. I was going to do some dance but ran out of steam...

2. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Continued nursing fever after a repeat of yesterday. Watched Friends as distraction...up to season 8, now.

Rather late in the evening began to feel relatively normal for a bit and enjoyed washing dishes and tidying up.

3. Beto

Beto Active Member

Had a friend come over with a movie. Watched Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle. Laughed my @$$ off and really enjoyed it. Now I need to rent the sequel.

4. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Stopped by grocery store on way home, tossed in a frozen pizza and surfed the Web for awhile. Never made it to salsa - the weather was pretty rotten.

5. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

went out eating with partner, teacher and some dance friends in a cozy restaurant:)

6. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

went to bed early, around 1:00 AM. :rocker: and it was a full moon and i couldn't fall a sleep. My dear BF slept on my shoulder with legs around me, and i counted ships. :cool:

And in a different corner you could hear my cats snoring.

7. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

oh looks like your dear BF used you as his pillow:);)

my cat usually snores loud, and he loves to share the same pillow as me...or sleep on my hair...lol...sometimes I had to throw him out of my bed room to have a peacful time:)

8. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

You have ships on wallpaper or in your mind? :D

I just remembered why my head is hurting still - I wacked it on the wall in bed last night. I need a woman's arm to snooze on! :)

9. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

I tried to imagine them. :p he slept like a baby. i hate full moon. no sleeping for me at that time. :(

10. Stagekat

Stagekat Member

I'm with ya Malakawa... my sleeping patterns get all screwed up during a full moon... I want to sleep all day and then have more energy than I know what to do with at about 10pm.

11. elisedance

elisedance New Member

I work in a hospital, maybe I can send you one....

[oh, yeuch, did I write that??]
    [remember the song: 'I hold your hand in mine, dear... "]

12. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

I hope your arm doesn't mind dribble on it :? :friend: I sometimes leak at night and wake up to a wet pillow :( (i must have over active saliva production at night)

13. ThisIsNotMe

ThisIsNotMe New Member

Last night...had singing lesson, then group dance lesson (samba), then came home to find an email offering me an audition at AIM (australian institute of music), for a music theatre course I applied for. Consequently spent rest of night looking for two songs (contrasting music theatre styles), and a 2 minute monologue. No luck on either count yet. If anyone's got any suggestions!?

14. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

15. ThisIsNotMe

ThisIsNotMe New Member

My vocal range? Soprano. Can sing anything from about an A below middle C to a high G (uhh....the 2nd one after middle C). Not very good at expressing myself when it comes to range.

Lol, if that message wasn't aimed at me then...oops! :p

16. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Cattle farming? Pistols? Roving lions??
    No, I think you are pretty safe TINM... :)

17. ThisIsNotMe

ThisIsNotMe New Member

Lol, I guessed so, but you know...how's your violin going, btw?

18. elisedance

elisedance New Member

fantastic - just wish the day was not interupted by work :) (actually that is going well too so I'm on a bit of a roll)

The highlight was playing for my son's wedding - he got married about 3 weeks ago in a 12C church located in a small vilage in france about 10 miles from Geneva (where my daughter-in-law's sister lives). Twas the absolute fantasy wedding that would also have made an incredible movie (e.g. the morning of the church priest told the happy couple that they could not use the (catholic) church because the service was going to be led by a woman... many tears later that was solved).

They arranged for an excellent accompanist and I played two pieces - Meditations from Thais and Ave Maria (the Gounod version). I can't claim perfection (its a bit nerve wracking!) but I don't think there were many unmoved by at least the notion - its pretty special to play at your own childs wedding.

19. ThisIsNotMe

ThisIsNotMe New Member

Wow, that is special! And what a story...silly not letting them have the wedding in the catholic church, though. It sounds beautiful! I bet you played terrifically (hmm, is that even a word?). And even if it wasn't perfect, you know what they say, so long as you keep going, the audience isn't even going to notice. :D

20. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Oh, I didn't finish that part of the story - the wedding went on as planned after the Bishop interceded and said it was OK as long as the (female) priest did not go into the altar region. Everyone was happy (which pretty much describes the whole event :)

You are right about the going on thing - when I play in front of an audience I seem to make constant mistakes and yet when you hear a recording of the same performance it sounds pretty good. I suppose the mind exagerates the errors when you are focusing hard - also things that sound bad really near an instrument (or voice I suppose) often do not carry out to the audience.