Swing Discussion Boards > Learning Lindy

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by danceguy, Oct 16, 2003.

1. danceguy

danceguy New Member

Hi,

Thank you to everyone who replied to my post. I had another Lindy class tonight...and I don't know what happened, but suddenly I was able to do 10 Swing Outs in a row and still keep going. I still got dizzy...but I just spun myself around in the opposite direction a few times and I was ok. I think a lot of it that I've been doing lots of spins in my Latin classes so I'm just getting used to it more.

Swing Outs actually are starting to feel good...we also did a "Lindy Circle" that I'm starting to get the hang of...but it is really fun stuff! Now if I can learn to integrate these steps in ECS...I'll have more techniques to use on the floor. :)

Thanks again!

SG

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hey suek Does nah mean no, or does nah mean nah-nah-n-nah-nah, thumbs in the ears and tongue stuck out? My answer depends on it. :lol: :lol:

3. suek

suek New Member

Omigod I hope you're joking.

In case you're not: nah means no.

For future reference: nyah nyah is the thumbs in the ears one and if you ever hear it from me somebody stop me. Not the person I want to be and the way I want to behave.

If I ever get that kinda stuckup about my dancing, I'm gonna hang it up. I still am not sure I can call myself an intermediate lindy hopper. Sigh. Would like to own that one some day.

Best,

Sue

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Oh suek, I am SO joking. Actually, you seem like a totally cool, down-to-earth lady. Hence my comfort in joking with you. :D

And, just for the record, I do the old nyah nyah from time to time, when I'm feeling young and silly. You 'd think I'd get over it, as old as I am, but no. Nothing satisfies me quite the same as sticking out the old tongue and giving the nyah nyah. Works for me. What can I say. I'm permanently immature. :lol: :lol:

Enjoy the dancing, sue. :D