Country and Western > Lessons in DFW

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by JR, Nov 28, 2005.

1. JR

JR New Member

I am looking for lessons in the DFW area. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

What kind of lessons and which side of town? :)

3. lynn

lynn New Member

lemme guess!!

C&W lessons in Dallas Fort Worth :lol:??

Welcome JR :banana:

4. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

What is the DFW area for ignoramuses like moi?

5. pygmalion

Dallas/Fort Worth. Two huge cities and a bunch of smaller cities, all connected in a conglomerate that folks here call the metroplex. It's a good hour and a half drive across the area, at least. That's why I ask. :cool:

btw. I forgot to say welcome. Welcome, JR. :)

6. pygmalion

Not necessarily. A lot of times people post in an unintended forum. It happens. Besides. I have questions.

Line dance? Partner dance? Competitive? Social? Freebie or cheap lessons before a social? Private lessons?

7. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

JR???

Dallas???

Where have I heard that before???

Welcome JR. I lived in TX for about 5 years . . . loved DFW area and Denton.

8. JR

JR New Member

Thanks for the welcome. I actually live near Downtown Dallas. I am a looking for C&W lessons, for social occasions. I am would prefer private lessons, seems like an easier way to learn, for a beginner like me...

9. pygmalion

Zoinks! I live far away and couldn't make it to downtown Dallas without getting lost if I tried. :lol: Let me ask around and see what I can find out though.

Are you sure you want to start out with private lessons? That's kind of an expensive way to go about things. You do learn more quickly, but you pay for the privilege. It's your call, though.

Let me ask my girlfriend who lives closer down by your way. :)

10. lynn

lynn New Member

I live even further away! But I would recommend taking both group & private classes to start with if you have the resources. Most people would prefer to start with group classes only b/c it's cheaper - but if you're like me who pick up bad habits faster than super glue, then incorporating private classes may save you a lot of headaches down the road.

Good luck!

11. pygmalion

Well yeah. I'm about an hour drive away. I'm guessing you're even further. :lol:

I know there was one place here in town that did mainly C&W and offered an intro special with a combination of groups and privates. I'll check into that and see how close it is to downtown. Of course, you could always take the tollway ... Hmm... thinking.

The biggest problem I see here is that there are quite a few jack-of-all trade studios that offer everything, but it's not always good everything. Before I recommend anything, I'll go check it out myself. Okay? :cool:

12. lynn

lynn New Member

I don't think i know any studio that specializes in C&W....actually, i don't think i know *any* studio that teaches C&W :oops:..... The only ones that i'm aware is chain studios - but then, they claim to teach anything and everything....

13. pygmalion

This is Texas. Texas is a different world. :wink:

14. lynn

lynn New Member

more dance studios??

15. pygmalion

More C&W dance. And lots of other dance, at least here in Dallas as well. It's quite nice. :)