Dancers Anonymous > Life is Hard Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by TinyDancer109, Dec 6, 2010.

1. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

How awful! Thank goodness kitty is OK, you were safe, and you will be able to repair the house. (Total bummer about the gowns.) Thinking of you.

2. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear...hope repairs go smooth and are completed quickly. Sorry to hear about your gown :(

3. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Just found out that one of my friends unexpectedly lost a child.

4. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I'm afraid that if my cat doesn't bounce back within the next couple of days, it's going to be time to take him in to the vet's office for the final time. He's not in a good way at all. But based on my last couple of conversations with them, there's nothing the vet would be able to do for him beyond that final gift.

I adopted him a few months after moving out of my parent's place. In the intervening 15+ years, it's been just me and him living together, boon companions. I am going to miss him terribly.

(And the tears just started again for about the fifth time today.)

5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

aw jude...I am so sorry....hug

6. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

So sorry Jude. Losing all of my pets have really killed me, but those that are with you at important points in time, its like losing part of yourself too. When I lost my doxie that I'd had longer than my husband, who had been part of the reason I left my ex, had been with me while I was on my own, helped me pick out my husband, had been there when we brought home other critters.... So much harder than those that had only been with me through the years of not such significant changes. Hugs!

7. stash

stash Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear that Jude. Hugs.

8. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that

9. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Coming up on an anniversary of one of my cat's journey to the Bridge, and it still saddens me. I get it.

10. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, Jude. :(

11. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

A well-known, and well-liked, local amateur dancer has been laid low by a character weakness that no one suspected he had. I should not say more than that, but it's been a tragic situation, but also an object lesson.

12. Follow_Your_Bliss

Follow_Your_Bliss New Member

I have recently started documenting underground hip hop dancers in my city by doing interviews. I have no idea where this project will take me but I trust that the universe will carry me to my highest good with my good intentions. Life was hard but it was only something I chose to accept. Life is good now.

13. leee

leee Well-Known Member

For the past several weeks, I've been having serious mood issues, and I've decided that I need to seek treatment. The thing is that I have a pretty good idea of what's been causing this, but I'm both unwilling and unable to cope with it because of my emotional shortcomings.

Angel HI, cornutt and fascination like this.
  14. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

@leee - Good for you. Deciding to seek treatment is a huge step. Hope you find one that works to help manage things, and that you are back to yourself soon.

leee likes this.
  15. fascination

good for you....that courage will help you to heal

leee likes this.
  16. leee

leee Well-Known Member

Thanks. When I get like this, I feel incredibly lonely, so even though we're only internet acquaintances, your words of support make me feel a little better.

FancyFeet and fascination like this.
  17. fascination

you can beat this

18. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

You'll get there. Just remember, you have to start somewhere. One foot in front of the other, one day at a time.

raindance likes this.
  19. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Ab
    Absolutely. Best of luck!

20. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

Was remembering leee's post from a couple of weeks past. http://www.dance-forums.com/threads/life-is-hard-thread.37965/page-66#post-1071041. I have been dealing with something that has been killing me for months, and, as leee stated, I know what it is. To make matters worse, as a psychologist and counselor, I believe that I know how I should handle it... but, cannot. UGH! The counselor needs a counselor.

leee likes this.