Dancers Anonymous > Life's Purpose

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by dancersdreamland, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Black Sheep

Black Sheep New Member

Brujo's Open Heart

Brujo,
    I was reluctant to admit it, but until Dancer_of_god's post I now do admit
    your Post also got my optical faucets turned on. Much of what you said about false friends, your insecurities and your wanting to find one to love, I personally went through some of these experiences; twice over the breakup of my only love, brought me to the very brink of suicide at the age of 29. If I had, all my grandchildren would not have been born and all 30 books never published and all my 25 musical compositions would never have been contributed to posterity. Even the most painful experiences slowly weaken with time. September 4, 2004 I lost my dog, Cody after 13 years, and I still cry over losing her, but each day a little less.

But what I really wanted to communicate to you, is that you have a wonderful gift, of expressing your inner feelings so clearly with that magic of eliciting and awakening our pathos with few words, and that is the very basis of a good author. All of us who read your post, I'm certain had their heart strings plucked.
    Thank you for an emotional education on life's trials and tribulations.
    Black Sheep, 'Today's tragedies are often tomorrow's blessings in disguise', Joe Lanza 2003 a.d.

2. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

DD, I know that sometimes it can be overwhelming to think about the future, when so much is unknown. You feel like everyone else around you has got it figured out. You wonder why you make decisions that don't seem to work out, and then you're right back where you started from.

These feelings are valid because they are feelings. But you must remember that every experience, even if it doesn't work out the way you planned, teaches you something. It makes you a stronger person. I try to believe that everything in this life happens for a reason. Therefore, when things go awry you can't always understand why these things are happening. In time, you may find out. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

I'll keep you in my thoughts.

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

dd --

There's very little any of us will be able to say to guide you. I think that the reason for this is that whatever is meant for you, is already out there, waiting to find you. Sometimes in life, we exhaust ourselves seeking that which we already have. Like happiness, or success, or friendship, or love. Or opportunities come to us, and we ignore them, because we were expecting something else. :? Sometimes the secret is in relaxing and letting it flow. 8)

The thing is that you really don't have to make all of life's major decisions now. Yes, people around you may make you feel that way, but the truth is that no decision is indelible. Whatever you decide now, you can change later, if you need to.

Just trust your instincts, forgive yourself for the failures, and allow yourself to live. You'll be okay.

Jenn

4. danceguy

danceguy New Member

Hi Miss Dance,

I'm still a new guy here (and I think all my posts got zorched, oh well), but I wanted to add a few words to your post.

There are some truly compassionate and caring people on this forum! I really enjoyed reading everyones responses...and Brujo, thank you so much for the "Quarter-Life Crisis" post. Described me very well...yikes.

I'm at a similiar point in my life, I'll be 29 in a few weeks, and I have really been looking around at what I'm doing...and wondering where all the time has gone. Graduated college, got a job, found love and lost it...and my chosen career isn't one I'm happy with. People always ask me at work "what are you still doing here?". I cannot answer them...only to say that life happened...and here I am.

I truly believe that we can accomplish anything with determination...so despite what life has thrown at me, despite me wondering "what the heck should I really be doing?" I continue to allow my heart to guide me.

Years ago I wanted to study martial arts...and everyone I know tried to talk me out of it. I was too overweight, I'd get hurt, get killed, blah blah blah. I did it anyway because I knew it was right for me... and after learning a dozen styles over the years...it's now a big part of my life. Same happened when I was overweight...people told me it would be impossible to ever be thin. Minus 100 pounds 10 years later...again, self determination won through. :)

All I can say is, follow your heart. Perhaps our chosen career is not the right one, perhaps we haven't found true love...but there are so many things to do and try in this world, why limit ourselves because of fear of the unknown? Just like getting into dance...I was scared out of my boots to take dance lessons....now I simply love it....where will it take me? Darned if I know! Who will I meet? No clue whatsover.

With each new path, a new door will open...and who knows where it will lead? That's the fun part if you ask me. :)

Keep the faith!

Sincerely

Scorpionguy

5. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

DD...just wanted to check and see how you were doing. For all of the advice and caring given here, I still know that existential quandaries can be difficult. Please PM me just to let me know you're OK, ok?

Scorpionguy...I'm so bummed that we lost some of your posts, they were gold! One of my posts that went bye-bye asked you to please keep your Martial Arts stuff on line... I may not have a lot of experience with the various forms but I found your comments very interesting. Just move that conversation to the Martial Arts vs. Dancing thread if you feel it was getting off tropic elsewhere. Thanks, also, for sharing your inspirational stories! :D

6. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

BIG HUGS and MANY BLESSINGS to you all! My heart is bursting with love and my eyes swelling over with tears. It's so good to hear I'm not alone and that others understand. I love you each and every one and really appreciated all your advice, thoughts, and personal stories.

I have no clue where life is going to take me or exactly what I want out of life, but for now I think I'll just sit back, try to relax, and enjoy the ride.

Thank you!!!!!

7. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hugs and kisses back to Ya! :D

8. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Know that I (and the rest of your DF family I'm sure) are always here if you ever need us.