Swing Discussion Boards > Lindy instruction in Portland?

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by Akylas, Nov 14, 2017 at 12:50 PM.

1. Akylas

Akylas New Member

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster here. My wife and I have been taking swing dancing lessons since early this year, starting with East Coast and then starting Lindy in the summer. There is no social swing dancing where we live, but we are moving to Portland, Oregon very soon.

Portland has plenty of places to dance, but I haven't found many places that offer (we did do the free lesson at the Norse Hall on a trip a couple months ago and had fun). Does anyone know some good places that offer Lindy Hop classes/private instruction in Portland?

Thanks to anyone who responds,
    Akylas

2. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

Try here.
    http://www.danceviscount.com/vintage-swing-dance-classes/

And now that I see they do Lindy Hop in the Vintage Swing series, with Vintage Swing 3, (starts soon!) I may get down there myself, since I'm "limited to" West Coast and East Coast having only had 1 or 2 Lindy Hop lessons.

Let us know how it works out for you, and welcome to both DF and Portland.

3. Akylas

Akylas New Member

That looks like a good place. I may start with their swing 1 series to test what I've learned and see what they emphasize differently.

Thanks for the find and welcome. I'm in the midst of house hunting in Portland right now. I hope to be moving soon.