Dance Ads > London - Salsa Congress - Fri 30th April to Mon 3rd May

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Pacion, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Anyone thinking of coming to London or will be in London end of April? There is going to be a Salsa Congress in London, Fri 30th April to Mon 3rd May, 2004. The details are:

2. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

A friend of mine's going, and I wish I could too -- it does sound good, and it's actually one of the easier congresses in England to go to in terms of transport. Unfortunately, my NDSHH (non-dancing, salsa-hating hubby) says over his dead body... :(
    He doesn't seem to realise his life is now in danger. :twisted:

I'm thinking about the Salsa-UK Congress later in the year (Bultins, Bognor Regis, 24-27 September) though, since there's more time to work on my NDSHH. Do you know what the last one was like?

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

LOL. Don't kill the guy (i.e. NDSHH), if you can avoid it. Just keep dancing. He may come around. You never know. :)

4. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Have you told him about the facilities at the hotel? Maybe you could convince him to take up airplane photography :wink: and that you would be waiting for him back at the hotel, full of energy :wink: You could even perhaps give him YOUR credit card, with a predetermined limit and send him shopping in Central London :lol: Knowing how much men hate shopping, he will probably come back without having bought a thing! :lol: Oh, and as it is a Bank Holiday on the Monday, you could perhaps visit Windsor if you don't have to rush back to Scotland.

I think this weekender will be a lovely one for a number of reasons - the venue, the organisers and it does not cater for the thousands, therefore, it is more personal. What was also great to see is that because of the venue, or maybe it was just after Christmas, quite a few people dressed elegantly and you only had to find room on your person to house your room key and some money to buy drinkings in the evening. If you needed anything (change of shoes, foot refresher or foot massage :wink: ) your room was just a few minutes away. :D

5. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Two weeks to go! :banana:

Singing:

Baby, come to me. Let me put my arms around you, it was meant to be :lol:

or should it be

I could have danced all night :!: I could have danced all night and still have begged for more :!: :!:

or will it be :lol:

Fly me to the moon, and let me sing for ever more. You are all I long for, that I worship and adore. In other words, hold my hand. In other words, daarrrling, kiss me. Fill my heart with song and let me sing forever more, la da da da da da, la da da da da da da :banana:

:lol:

6. Genesius Redux

Genesius Redux New Member

Is the banana dancing salsa to all of these tunes? :shock: :lol:

7. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Well, all those tunes are 4/4 no :wink:

8. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:shock: Today is Tuesday :!: :lol: Just over 3.5 days (and if you give me a moment, I will tell you precisely how many hours, seconds and milliseconds :lol: ) before the opening party at the London Congress :banana: Singing: You're the one that I want, oh oh oh, You're the one that I want, you know what I mean, oh yes in deed! :lol:

I also have a three day week :bouncy: :banana: :bouncy:

9. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Yay for you, Pacion! I'm sure you'll have a fabulous weekend. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Saw a message on the Salsa-UK forum about discounted places on the SalsaMED Festival holiday in Spain. Workshops with Edie, Susana Montero and SuperMario... Very tempting. I've been having a terrible time at home and need something to be cheerful about. :( Salsa under the Mediterranean sun should do the trick. (Salsa in Heathrow would also do the trick, but I think booking is closed now.)

10. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Hi MacMoto. Sorry to hear that you are having difficulties.

I don't know anything about the bookings being closed. :shock: If there is a slight chance/remote chance that you could still make it, it would be worth contacting the organisers (MamboCity) directly.

I am sending you a PM.

11. pygmalion

Just keep dancing, MacMoto. Hugs. :)

12. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Thanks, Pacion and Pygmalion.
    Turns out places are still available at the London congress. But, being so close now, it would cost me just as much as going to the SalsaMed Festival... :(
    This coming weekend looks very quiet salsa-wise up here though (in contrast with the packed programme last weekend -- I wish they would spread events around more evenly :(), which makes the idea of flying down to London really attractive... :?
    I've got to decide soon. Very soon.

13. pygmalion

Could you take a train to keep the cost down? Eurailpasses used to be a pretty good bargain (for foreigners, anyway) :?

14. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Not sure the Eurorail applies for Scotland? Or does it? I have yet to get to Scotland :oops: so I am on unfamiliar territory here

15. pygmalion

I thought it was all of the UK plus Western Europe. I used mine throughout Holland and Belgium. I'm fairly sure France and Luxembourg were also included. I just didn't get that far.

16. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

As I understand it, the Eurail passes are available to travellers from outside Europe only -- you can't buy it if you live in Europe. The same applies to the Britrail and Scotrail passes. And it would take at least 7-8 hours to get to Heathrow from where I am... :(

I'm still thinking though... it's now Thursday morning. Oops. No time to think! :shock:

17. pygmalion

Oh. Bummer about the Eurailpasses. They're an excellent value, and easy to use.

18. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

Man I wish I could hit the UK for this! That Med trip sounds awesome too.

19. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

20. pygmalion

I hope you make it to Med, MacMoto. :)