Dance Ads > London - Salsa Congress - Fri 30th April to Mon 3rd May

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Pacion, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Sorry you couldn't make it MacMoto. Perhaps next time.

I shook the hand of BOTH Frankie Martinez and Eddie Torres tonight :shock: I am never going to wash my hand again :banana: :wink: :lol:

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Shaking hands, fine. But did you DANCE? :wink: How did it go? :D

3. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:lol: I drooled so much, the floor was too slippery :lol:

4. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

It's May of this year right? If it wasn't I'd be there in a HOT minute!

5. Pacion

Pacion New Member

"I could have danced all night, I could have danced all night" :banana:

"Oh what a night! Great [April] back in 2004" :lol:

The Congress was great! Meet some wonderful, beautiful (personality) people. Will do a more indepth report later :D but I must that in addition to the "usual suspects" like Eddie Torres, his daughter Nadia and the ET dancers, Frankie Martinez and Felipe Polanco, the highlights for me were the Norwegian couple Jazzy and Benedicte and the italian couple, Daniela & Graziano.

I danced with Graziano :shock: oh man, oh man, oh man! He did some intricate hand patterns and I just about kept up :lol: and he made me feel like a billion dollars! Although he and Daniela's english were limited, they were gorgeous (no attitude from what I could tell).

Jazzy and Benedicte, same again in terms of their personality and dancing. Danced with Jazzy also :banana:

Just one compliant :evil: I could have done with another 3 nights of dancing with them all :cry:

The ET dancers were gorgeous also and there is a young guy there called Eric - almost young enough to be my son :shock: :lol: oh how I wish I could have "put him in my handbag and taken him home with me" :lol: Such a sweetie! :lol:

Okay, back to work :!: More later :D

6. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Great to hear you had a wonderful time, Pacion! :D

I've booked my SalsaMed holiday -- it will be my first salsa weekender! :banana:
    Hope my experience will be as positive as yours. I've heard nothing but praise about last year's SalsaMed, so I'm hopeful.

7. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I'm so glad you decided to go, MacMoto. I hope you'll come back and give us your glowing review. 8) :D

8. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Great for you MacMoto. I just need to book my holiday to "Scotland" now :wink: :lol:

There is a festival/congress in August I think. Do you know anything about it? Or any other "major" events that I can plan around?

9. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

It's just been announced that Rohan and Dr Salsa, the guys behind the Scottish Congress project, have decided to postpone the event until next year... :( This was one of the reasons I decided to go to the Med.

The highlight of this summer will be the Summer Salsa Ball in Edinburgh on 24th July. Not much info on this at the moment, but keep your eye on the Salsa Ball section of the Salsaholics Anonymous website.
    http://www.salsaholics.co.uk/

10. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Oh, hadn't heard about the postponing of the Scottish Congress. Regretfully, I am kind of happy, as there is so much I want to do, including sightsee in Scotland, that if I came up on a big salsa weekend, I won't see anything :(