Tango Argentino > Londoners

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by Heather2007, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Madahlia

Madahlia Member

Well, that was very silly - they have extremely comfortable sofas which I found very suitable for the purpose.

2. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

Free Tango 4 Thursday

The trio Fueye Tango are playing free in the foyer of the National Theatre [South Bank] this Thursday @ 6.15. Space to dance too, although the floor is a bit ropey

3. Captain Jep

Captain Jep New Member

You going to Negracha's Friday Heather?

4. ant

ant Member

CJ, it is a LGTN meet night this Friday but because it is a special Negracha's have put up the price to £25 fore the whole night.

Alot of people that are members of the facebook group are arriving after 9:30 and with the group discount it will only cost £13.

5. Dave Bailey

Dave Bailey New Member

Actually, breaking news, it's now "only" £20 for the whole thing, £15 if you're not doing the class.

Still a lot of money of course.

6. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

No, out to dinner on Friday. I hear the musical group is very good so the £20 entry free (hopefully) should be worth it.

7. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

Deffo. Credit Crunch are not words that will be seen tumbling from Ivan's lips any time soon. :eyebrow:

8. Madahlia

Madahlia Member

Are they able to mess around with the price after advertising it at a lower level?

With transport, the whole outing is going to cost me around £50. I'm not sure if that's good value for the amount of dancing I might get.

9. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

Entry price change: Yes he's done it before. Plus, I can think of better places to spend £50 on in London M. I went to the WineBar at the Langton Court Hotel on Tuesday. £5 entry free, £2.50 for a large house red and danced heaps with very good leaders as well as followers in what was a wonderful, kind atmosphere of very nice people.

10. Captain Jep

Captain Jep New Member

But arent we all masochists at heart? ;)

I'm probably going just to reinforce my prejudices. No no - think positively CJ!

11. Dave Bailey

Dave Bailey New Member

Higher level you mean? :confused:

(It was £25 / £15, it's now £20 / £15)

Blimey, I'm only going there to dance with you...

12. Captain Jep

Captain Jep New Member

What, you're NOT going for the cake ?!

13. Dave Bailey

Dave Bailey New Member

Christ, by the time I get there, you greedy sods will have eaten it, I'm sure. :p

14. Madahlia

Madahlia Member

Oh, £15. That's what I was expecting to pay. I thought you meant the base rate had gone up to £20. Starting to seem like a bargain.:rolleyes:

Even more of a bargain, then. (For me, anyway!)

Sounds perfect. Could I interest you in starting a thread called Tango on the Cheap in London? You would be performing a real service for impoverished (cheapskate) provincial tangueras!

15. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

Hee - ;)

16. Captain Jep

Captain Jep New Member

Yeah, Madahlia, I'll be joining you. Maybe we could come up a day early, join the soup kitchen at the Crypt and then sleep in a communal cardboard box outside the front door?

17. Dave Bailey

Dave Bailey New Member

Not a bad idea, actually... there's loads of free events on in summer time; concerts, open-air things etc.

I think the next one is Spitalfields on the 25th June?

18. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

Tango Al Fresco in July/Aug

Dates
    Sunday July 12th
    Sunday August 9th
    Times
    1pm-2pm : Class for beginners - taught by Kele Baker
    2pm-6pm : Dancing
    The Broadwalk, Avenue Gardens, Outer Circle, Regent's Park, London NW1.

DJs
    July 12th : Tony Walker
    August 9th : Nikky Preddy of
    Dance Tango
    Tickets
    Tickets are £10 per person for each day. This includes the beginner's class and the afternoon and are available upon arrival at the dance area in the Avenue Gardens, Regent's Park.
    All profits from ticket sales go to tree planting in Regent's Park.
    Transportation
    Tube Stations: Regent's Park & Great Portland Street.
    Buses: 18, 27, 30, 205, 453 & C2.
    Parking: Some Pay & Display parking is available on Chester Road, the Inner Circle and the Outer Circle, as well as on nearby streets outside the park.
    Shoes
    A dance floor is provided. Women: please be sure your high heels are not sharp and will not cut, scrape or damage the floor. Leather soled shoes (dance or street) or trainers are suitable. It is recommended that women wear a shoe with some kind of back or strap around the heel.
    Press Information
    For further information, please contact:
    Kele Baker, organiser
    E: info@dancealfresco.org
    T: 07970 599445

19. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

Docklands Dancing

FREE DANCING OUTDOORS at WEST INDIA QUAY
    Friday 17th July 2009 5 – 8pm
    Saturday 18th July noon – 8pm
    Sunday 19thJuly noon – 6pm
    Argentine Tango (plus Ballroom, Latin, Line, Sequence, Jive, Lindy-Hop, Salsa)
    This event is part of the finale of X-LEISURE’s “British big splash” on West India Quay from 19th June to 19th July 2009.

20. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member