Salsa > Looking at cleavage

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by tacad, Mar 21, 2005.

1. jon

jon Member

It's great to be tall. I can look at my partner's face and her cleavage is still in my field of view 8)

Oddly, most women seem to object more to dancing with shorter leaders whose heads only come up to their chests. But... those guys aren't getting the good views.

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I am a short person and I have no problems. :wink: :)

3. dancin/dj

dancin/dj Member

hmmmmm,interesting subject. i seen this at salsa dances here with the chest/boob thingy-sure i've stared here and there :lol: but i try not too do it that much,but i must say there are some ladies out there who want you too stare and im telling you the truth that one person has even said its ok too look admire etc etc and wanted me too google over her :shock: ,i kid around a lot so i can milk it,but i think a guy (at least i can) tell when you overstepping your place in this matter and when girls just want to have fun or something else on there mind :wink:

4. Big10

Big10 Member

I have absolutely no idea what jon is talking about..... [​IMG]

However, if I did know what he was talking about, I would probably tell him to stop revealing the secret benefits of being a tall guy!!! :evil:

But, since I don't know....I guess I won't say anything.... 8)

5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

LOL! That's it! I'm going to start wearing my sleeveless turtlenecks to dances. :lol:

6. africana

africana New Member

hahahaha!!

Ok i'd wondered if this one would go away but it didn't so here goes...
    This sounds good theoretically and I completely agree that my favorite partners are the hard-cores who come to actually dance rather than pickup people

BUT do you think that over time many women feel pressured to reveal more and more boobage in the effort to "keep up" with the competition, to stand out, to be noticed in the frequently uneven man-to-woman ratio? Doesn't this trend get amplified by the fact that men tend to ask women that they find physically attractive?

I've said this before: on nights that I want to do more of the asking, to be able to choose my own partners or if I'm just too tired to dance a lot, I would dress more casually and comfortably. But when I wanna be noticed and asked more, I will turn it up a bit ;)
    and it works. sad but true

but in general I think women should dress however makes them feel good and special while dancing, and men can appreciate it - for example I have certain outfits that make me feel like a better spinner and just give me confidence (no, no boobage involved there ;) )

7. dancin_feet

dancin_feet New Member

Not really having any sort of cleavage to speak of I really don't know what you are all on about......... :wink:

But I suppose if the girl is inviting you to look then I guess it is up to the guy and when all said and done, the guy is gunna look! I still don't think it's appropriate, but then it's not my place to say whether a girl should get off on a guy staring at her chest or not. I only know that I don't. I'm more than a couple of enlarged glands and muscle surrounded by skin and I would prefer to be treated as such.

Then again I wouldn't even think about wearing one of those t-shirts that has some provocative saying across the front, but some girls / women find these amusing and titillating.

I guess, to each his own. :peace:

8. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

hmmm...I seen pics of you... :wink: :)

9. pygmalion

LOL. I was hoping it'd go away, but, when it didn't, I decided to be proactive and change things to my liking a bit. :wink: :lol:

Yep. Dressing attractively does get you more dances. I generally manage to do that without exposing too much cleavage, though. I've seen too many "humorous" emails where some unsuspecting girl ends up exposed because her shirt was unstable.

But yeah. I like dressing nicely, and I'm a nice-looking woman. So hey! I have no problem with being appreciated. For me, there's a pretty distinct line between feeling appreciated and feeling ogled. And I have no problem letting guys know when they're over the line. (No physical assault necessary, btw. :wink: :lol: )

10. dancin_feet

dancin_feet New Member

There's nothing there matey. Some of us need more "help" than others. I couldn't show cleavage if I tried. :oops: :lol:

11. ReneeJoan

ReneeJoan New Member

Sometimes, when I get a nervous partner who insists on looking at his feet while he's dancing, and won't respond to my (gentle) requests that he not, I'll snuggle in real tight in a VERY close embrace, so that if he tries to look at his feet, he can't see them, but sees something else instead. It cures most guys of looking at their feet real quick. Either they get embarrassed and look up at me, or they keep looking down, but they are no longer thinking about their feet, I guarantee you.

It's all in the name of improving the level of tango dance in Los Angeles.

12. dancin_feet

dancin_feet New Member

Both of my best friends at dancing are generously supplied with cleavage. They have both had run ins where tops they wore just didn't work and they had to keep adjusting all night. One night one of them did a layback/dip movement and popped out! :shock: Fortunately she was dancing with our instructor at the time and not some lecherous creep. She vowed never to wear that bra again! :oops:

It's at times like these that I'm glad I'm "minimal". :lol:

13. pygmalion

I was going to say that, d_f, but hesitated to make the comment. The bigger you are, the harder it is to find suitable dance clothes that don't make you look like a ... um ... skank. I'm just average, but sometimes have problems. My jumbo-sized girlfriends have a real problem with shopping for shirts. *shrug*

14. Ms_Sunlight

Ms_Sunlight New Member

Ooh, great tip!

I am learning so much from these forums. I think I'll keep wearing the low cut wrap tops to class so I can pull that one out if I need to! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

15. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

You're ok with me D_f. It's your personality I've been most attracted to from the beginning. The pictures were merely the icing on the cake. ;)

16. Ms_Sunlight

Ms_Sunlight New Member

Hehehehe. Less chance of "wardrobe malfunction" is there?

It's a fact of life. If you've got anything over a C-cup little flimsy bras and push-up things are to be worn only when little physical activity is planned. The exception being when the physical activity actively involves removal of said flimsy foundation garment.

I also go to rock and punk nights in clubs and you do not want to risk popping out when you pogo!

17. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

Re: hahahaha!!

I could see that being the case if they've never danced with you before, maybe then that would attract more attention. But if they know you're a good dancer, and they're there to dance and not pick up women, I wouldn't think what you chose to wear would figure in to the decision.

18. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Pygmalion, I feel you've dealt with this one really well. Sensitively, so nobody's feelings have been hurt. 8)

Rosa :)

19. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

You two ladies are way to funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

20. dancin_feet

dancin_feet New Member

I honestly don't know how some of the "bigger" girls ever play sport, etc. It must be so difficult. No wonder some of them concentrate on showing what they've got and attracting guys. Doing anything else must be at the very least uncomfortable.

Being the relatively active person I am, I'm glad I don't have that problem. I can add whenever I want but when I get sick of it, I can take them off! :lol: :lol:

And that's the way I would prefer it - thanks DP! :kissme: