Salsa > Looking at cleavage

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by tacad, Mar 21, 2005.

1. alemana

alemana New Member

salsa clothing for men should emphasize the size of their package. turnabout is, after all, fair play.

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

See how your mind wanders in directions where mine doesn't. TRying to corrupt me? tsk. Tst. Tsk. :wink: :) All I meant is I seen pics of you so I know what you are talking about and I don't really care much one way or the other. Much more to a person than cleavage, if you get my drift. Flirting is more my thing.

3. Sagitta

hmmm... So that's what you look for?

4. tsb

tsb Well-Known Member

Re: hahahaha!!

- at a typical venue, what percentage of the guys are there just to dance? i suspect less than half.
    - all other things being equal, what guy wouldn't prefer to ask someone whose appearance is more appealing?

empirically, more attractive women get asked more often. but they may not get asked a second time if they're not good dancers - unless the guys aren't there just to dance.

5. dancin_feet

dancin_feet New Member

My mind goes to all sorts of weird places...... :lol: :wink: I get the blame for corrupting all the people at dancing. I just stand back and say, who sweet little innocent ol' me? :roll: :lol:

Considering my sister's husband was going into the priesthood when she met him and they now sell insurance, this is the sort of person you are dealing with! :lol: :lol: :wink:

6. Sagitta

Wow!!! Guess I need to get some face time with you then. :)

7. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

You are very, very welcome. :D

And a kiss for you, too. :kissme:

(Ok, DP hasn't received any contributions to the Fly DP to Austrailia Fund to Meet Dancin_feet lately ... anyone willing, just pm him. ;) )

8. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

Re: hahahaha!!

You're probably right, but I'm one of those guys that's there to dance. That's my mission. So I could care less what she's wearing.

9. ayume

ayume New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: This is the most hilarious forum I've been to! :wink:

Btw, I'm minimal, too. 8) (edit: I think this is too much info...but nvm :oops:)

10. new-ish

new-ish New Member

To me, this forum is the most compelling I've been to because it deals with so many issues off the dancefloor that really matter in life.

Plus, I'd never tell my friends any of this. :lol:

11. macha

macha New Member

If I didn't like or respect this forum, I'd never have returned.

This thread somehow reminds me of something all too common with (collective groan now) horsepeople.

A woman can say "Oh, I love to ride horses" or "I love horses"... there's ALWAYS ONE GUY who says:

"Huh-uhuh-huh, yeah, I like, would like horses, but when I ride, it hurts MY B@LL$"

OR, if you say "I love riding- horses are such free-spirits", some MAN will say:

"Heheh- yeah, she's wild in the sack- she huhuhuh- rides free spirits"...

Always a derogatory allusion to something inappropriate.

Do you see what I'm getting at?

Guys- you have testicles. We get that. Good for you. Congratulations. We're ALL jealous, you know. Could you PLEASE remind us ONCE MORE? Find some other witty, original way to slide into the conversation the fact that you have testicles. We LOVE to hear about them.

(not accusing anyone here- although I have at least one or two in mind- just lamenting that dancesport is NOT the only place you have to deal with dimrods)

12. Vin

Vin New Member

Hey everybody, I have balls,

sorry couldn't resist.

13. Sagitta

Oh no....so many others missing out! :( Anyway, still glad to have you. I tell my friends and no-one visits. So...that's the wya it goes. :? :)

14. macha

macha New Member

Vin, in the infamous words of Scrat:

"YEEEEEAAAAAAAARRRRGH!"

(You must, or you might just be crayzay! :p

15. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I'm glad I don't have balls.

16. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Nice maracas though.
    (sorry, couldn't resist) :wink:

17. Ron Obvious

Ron Obvious New Member

If you think about it you'll realise that how a man dresses also affects what chance he has of someone accepting a dance. Clothing matters - of course. Everything does.

And if men aren't allowed looking at cleavages, then the same should apply for women looking at men's muscles. But how can you deny something like that? We all want people to admire us for our skills, but that's not the first thing that one sees. Everybody always bases their first impression on the appearance.

Secondly I don't quite get it why did thread offends certain people. I you don't like it, then don't read it. But I think it's just as relevant to salsa than any other thread.

18. Ms_Sunlight

Ms_Sunlight New Member

There's been a ludicrous amount of psychological research done on how appearance affects other people and the impression they make. Something that's of comfort to average-looking chicks like me is how much friendliness and open body language matters :lol:

One thing that really struck in my mind was reading that people who wear light colours are seen to be more approachable than people in dark colours. So maybe if you're not getting enough attention, it's time to ditch the basic black for some white or bright hues? Unless for some reason you're in a goth club I suppose!

19. squirrel

squirrel New Member

I am not offended at all if men look at my body (breasts, legs etc.). This shows me I am a desirable human being. I am of course annoyed when they DON'T STOP looking at my body or they want to touch me inapropriately.

I am a human being myself and like to look at guys' muscles... and a$$es if they have nice ones and are wearing tight pants... why not? Where is the offence there? I am just looking, not drooling or touching.

People should be appreciative of beauty. And if I go to the club wearing a very revealing outfit, why should I be bothered guys are looking? Isn't it normal? Gosh... people tend to get offended so easily over unimportant matters... sorry, but this is what I think.

When I go Salsa dancing I do it 'cause it is fun and I don't want to stress myself with on-lookers. If I wear a huge cleavage this means I am comfy in that outfit and I don't mind being seen.

And I usually go out wearing sexy and revealing outfits... :) It's not necessarily to get the men's attention, but it is part of it.

When I started dancing, I sucked big time and I didn't get invited. Then I started looking around and noticed other girls sucked too, but they got invited. The difference: I was wearing classical bluejeans and T-shirt, they were wearing low-cut jeans and a sexy top (or short skirts...). When I changed my outfit, I immediately started to get invited. And my dancing improved faster (not to mention my mood). I knew some of the guys just wanted to take me out for a coffee, but there were others who didn't want that. It was just easier for them to spot me now, that I was sexy, than before, when I was dressed for gym... Of course, now I can wear anything and still get invited, but now I can dance and I've been in the scene for some time... :)

20. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Was the 'nm' thing intentional there?

No matter...

Rosa :)