Salsa > Looking at cleavage

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by tacad, Mar 21, 2005.

1. elisedance

elisedance New Member

This thread has been a lot about woman's dichotomy on cleavage - whether she likes a look or whether she is offended. However, I never realized men have exactly the same dichotomy: they are both obsessed with and also, apparently, afraid of it...

But then again, its not something I have a lot of so perhaps I am rather tame. Except, perhaps, 'mental cleavage' but thats another story....

2. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Not so much how we men are supposed to respond. Or what we are to infer. But rather, is it even supposed to actually mean anything?

(please stand by while I update my avatar)

3. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

This thread should have been done long ago. fun...sure; educational...perhaps; redundant...redundant; but, done.

4. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Its not over till its over AH :) Apparently, people had more to say - and I think thats because of these dichotomies.

5. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

OK, I had to go through a lot of extraneous BS to get a new avatar.

You now see what I look like (albeit the best photo that my sister shot of me for match.com a few years ago when my then-counselor was pressuring me --). You can now see how any possible signals of interest or whatever that flashing cleavage could possibly signify could not possibly apply to me. Hence, whatever my partner might appear to be signalling by her cleavage or body position (extra-close positioning, close eye contact) or whatever, I'll play along with to be polite. Do I ever read anything into that? Of course not! Just because I talk slow don't mean I'm stupid! I do own mirrors and I do know how to use them! There is no possible way that any of those signals could ever mean anything!

6. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Is it snowing there DW? :p

7. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

In the real Orange County? (ie, in the Southern Californian county?)

Only possibly in San Bernadino County, but it's too early for that!

Reverting to German: Na was?
    [Translation: Say what?]

8. elisedance

elisedance New Member

[your avatar has little white flecks on it, least on my computer :)]

9. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Had to reduce it to 100x100. Cannot be held responsible for whatever aliasing ensued.

Like I said, I had to jump through whatever hoops all at once to get it to be accepted by the DF software. Even though where I already had it cached had been accepted before but was no longer acceptable. Whatever.

Last it snowed in the Real OC was back around the late 1970's, when I was in North Dakota.

10. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Avatars are a world unto themselves - I couldn't upload one for the life of me, until that is someone pointed out I was doing it at the wrong place...

Last time it snowed in Toronto was last week (just few sprinkles yet) :rolleyes:.I might see some here in Montreal...

11. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I think that this makes sense... I think that some things can be done on purpose to put them out there.. some gestures can be subconscious to put them out there, some can be subconscious and increase attention but that may not have been what the person wanted, and some gestures may be a very conscious act to increase the likelihodd that the eye will go where the lady wants it to go, and that isn't neccessarily contained to cleavage...I have also seen studies about things like; the more a woman plays with her hair and flips it around the higher the likelihood that she is flirting and I have seen plenty in my life that would support that as a pretty good indicator...shrug

12. fascination

sometimes things change when we have upgrades...it isn't some sadistic plot to torment folks ;)

13. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

I wasn't lodging a complaint. Methinks you're being overly sensitive.

Now, if there's anything you could do about getting it to display the date/time a message is posted instead of the fairly useless "this many minutes/hours/days ago", or at least giving us the option, ... .

14. fascination

checks self...not feeling overly sensitive......as to the 2nd part, sadly, i do not possess such powers

15. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Well, how would you respond if confronted with TWO Holy Grails?

(Brave Sir Robin ran away; bravely ran away, away...)

16. fascination

um...seems to me that they withdraw...until they have had enough of that :)

17. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Ok, remember the opening of "2001 - A Space Odyssey"? The apemen first noticed the monolith, then they danced around it, then one of them crept up, touched it and ran off? Then they all started jumping up and down, running up and touching it and then screaming?

Same thing. And where did I leave my warthog femur?

18. fascination

um...no...that is NOT a chick flick

19. Mostly Ballroom

Mostly Ballroom New Member

Yeah. While I like Atomic it seems to have sucked the life out of other places. Too bad. I like going to different places.

Sounds good. Even if they do intend something it doesn't really matter. It's my decision as to whether to act either way. And that's according to my principles. We're messed up if we go according to what we think they're doing or what we think they want. Even if we're right lol.

20. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Fast learner! You didn't even need 28 years of marriage to learn that whatever we do, we're wrong.

The dance scene in Orange County -- meaning the studios and teachers -- can get cut-throat. Check out Nancy Lester's "This Week in Dance" page at http://www.ocdance.com/thisweek.html. Then go to the Google Maps at the bottom of the page. That's an insane concentration of studios. And then every weekend you have several different dances competing with each other. There are only so many dancers here and too many venues vying for them. And of course the ones who don't know how to dance have the Lemondrop Club's weekly dances to go to (ie, free-style; I've never gone, because I doubt very much whether I'd find any women who can dance).