Salsa > Looking at cleavage

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by tacad, Mar 21, 2005.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

too late you have already demonstrated smarts....how are you with a corset?...;)(long story)

2. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Is he suppsoed to be waring it or helping you with it. Two distinct possibiliteis behind that question, one more worrisome than the other. :)

3. fascination

again...see skwiggy's photo album

4. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Hrmmm, don't remember that pic, I musta been thinking of another.

/me trots off to photo albums.

5. fascination

the thing just started unhooking by itself after a few margaritas...and joe was simply being gallant...cross my heart and hope to die

6. Putting one on or taking one off?

7. fascination

are your skills lopsided?

8. No, I'm equally inept in either case.

9. elisedance

elisedance New Member

great - actually I can do the hornpipe. So pleased you can too - I'll sign you up for a showcase ...

10. EvaDarling

EvaDarling New Member

I was out dancing the other night and a pretty woman showing a tiny amount of cleavage in a nice camisole had a guy blatantly and intentionally stare at her breasts. She ended up hitting him and walking away in the middle of the song but he grabbed her by the arm so she finished the dance half-heartedly. That being said, men, we like it if you admire our bodies, but mostly when we're not looking. Doing it obviously is just plain rude.

I cover up my breasts and midsection when I dance but I have some partners stare at my breasts or my hips sometimes throughout an entire song. I can guarantee those guys don't get a second dance.

11. elisedance

elisedance New Member

That went from rude to abusive - forcing her to finish the dance. Of course, hitting him may not have been the best first step :rolleyes: Nonetheless, I would definitely have reported him to the owners.

[Actually, I'm tall and pretty strong and if I had hit him I don't think he would have got up again till the end of the dance...]

12. fascination

I wouldn't have hit him but if I had wanted to get away he wouldn't have been able to keep me there

13. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Do we need a fighting thread?

Whether at a dance or not, I suppose ladies are entitled to deliver a slap in the face when circumstances warrant. It's hard to tell whether circumstances warrant, without being there and seeing the incident first-hand.

Anyone who assumes before an actual fight the ability to put an unknown opponent down for the count is probably making a foolish assumption. Also, an earnest attempt to do so, whether successful or not, would quite likely have legal consequences. If unsuccessful, it could also provoke a dangerous reaction from the other person.

Those are two very different things.

Mentioning truly abusive behavior to organizers seems very reasonable, even desirable.

14. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Please do read between the lines at the :) and :rolleyes: I don't think anyone is advocating ballroom slug-fests.

I don't think I have ever hit anyone even in my worst snit of anger - though I suppose in a (intentional) life threatening situation I might. I don't think ballroom qualifies - though on the competition floor it seems sometimes we get close to unintentional ones.

15. DL

DL Well-Known Member

I stopped lurking on DF to post for a similar reason, a while back. Although I suspected you might have been employing hyperbole for dramatic effect, if read the wrong way your post could be construed in some fairly alarming ways.

In any case, to get back on topic, I'm also alarmed by my imagination of what the world would be like if there were a fight every time a guy was caught looking at cleavage. :)

16. fascination

I have been pondering this and I guess my thought is; I don't have an issue with a guy getting caught as long as he isn't brazen about continuing to do so...

17. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Okay, I've been lurking on this particular thread for a while and just have to post my story:

I'm relatively flat-chested and mentioned to my husband once about men staring at my cleavage and his response was, "Really?"

He's lucky he didn't meet his maker right there and then.

18. etp777

etp777 Active Member

lol NURDRMS. :D

19. elisedance

elisedance New Member

:lol:

Time to get that see-through top and go to a fancy party with him.... teach him a lesson... ;)

20. Stagekat

Stagekat Member

ooo...them's fight'n words for sure!!!

Although I do like Elise's idea... that would be much more fun. :p