Dance Ads > Looking for a Latin Dress

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by fireinflight, Apr 2, 2007.

1. fireinflight

fireinflight New Member

Someone on another thread suggested that I post a reverse ad here, soliciting info from latin dress sellers, so here goes... :)

I'm looking to buy a latin dress - my measurements are about 34 - 27 - 36, size 0-2, 5'3". My price range is up to about $650, although it could possibly be stretched upwards if I really like the dress.

So, is anyone selling a dress you think I'd be interested in, that I maybe haven't seen the ad for yet?

2. Me

Me New Member

I've bought from Tango Rouge before and I believe everything they sell is WELL within that price range

http://www.tangorouge.com/index.htm

The disadvantage is they use hotfix Korean stones. You may be able to have them custom make you a dress without stones, and then stone it yourself.

Unless people fight over an e-bay auction, most of their dresses sell for around $150. I purchased a dress from them once and it was great, thought I don't think I'll ever wear it... I should probably sell it now that I think about it.

3. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Is there anything in particular you like or dislike, style or color-wise (I know you mentioned in the other thread not wanting the "bathing suit with fringe"-type costume)?

4. fireinflight

fireinflight New Member

Ah, that's probably good to post here - I guess I'm mostly not keen on something that looks like it shows your underwear every time you spin, AKA "bathing suit with fringe," etc.

I'm also pretty set on having only swarovski stones (no Korean), since I want to have one dress that will last me through the levels for a while, and I don't have the free time to do much of my own stoning.

5. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

acapulco_paradiso_ballroom on eBay tends to carry items in the $200-300 range (undecorated, generally; more if you include rhinestones). You might not have seen their items while doing an eBay search since they have stuff in their store but not on auction right now. There is some controversy over how well their items are made though. I don't have any personally, so I can't comment on that.

6. danceislove

danceislove New Member

7. redhead

redhead New Member

I have a super pretty 2-piece dress that is very forgiving (does not expose tummy) and original. Need to take pictures. Swarowski CAB all over. I'm confused about the size though - I have similar measurements and thought it's more like a 6?

8. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

Yeah, I was very confused by that too, being a 34"-26/27" myself... Maybe we're much smaller than we thought;)

9. fireinflight

fireinflight New Member

I'm not sure - but whenever I go into a store (Express, Gap, etc), I always wear size 0-2. I don't wear any really fancy clothes or designer jeans or anything, maybe in that kind of thing I'd be a 6? Or maybe it's because I'm short? Or it's possible I'm really bad at taking measurements... But I did try on someone's latin dress who is a 33" - something - 34", and it was too small.

Redhead, I'd love to see the pictures once you take them!

10. redhead

redhead New Member

I attached some photos of dress in action - will take extra pictures if you are interested...
    This dress is 2-piece, made of silver stretchy fabric, very comfortable (fibers are actually black, but so much ****llic thread was added that it looks silver); the belt and neck piece are not stretchy. It has built-in bra (actual bra, with back straps replaced) and built-in panties (I can't imagine those ever showing though... the "back" picture will show you that the skirt goes only so high when you are spinning). Stoned in Swarovksi CAB 12ss and 16ss, no missing stones.
    Please ask questions :)

Attached Files:

11. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

How tall are you?? I like it. And it's nice to see how it would go with my red hair ;) (and pick up the grey highlights....rrrrr!)

How much?

12. redhead

redhead New Member

5ft 5in
    $450

13. mamboqueen

Hmm...I'm a little taller. I wouldn't want my butt sticking out (well, more than it already does). I'll pm you.

14. mamboqueen

I'm such a dingbat. I just pm'd myself.

15. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

:uplaugh:

16. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

;)

17. mamboqueen

funny - I got an answer *doh*

18. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

goofball

19. mamboqueen

that's me ;)

20. fireinflight

fireinflight New Member

Ooh, gorgeous dress! Do you think you could send me the larger sizes of those photos, if you have them? I can PM you my email address. Also, what are your measurements?