Dance Ads > Looking for Smooth Jacket

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by 5678dance, Sep 28, 2013.

1. 5678dance

5678dance Active Member

Hi All,

DP is looking to purchase used/consignment American Smooth jacket. He is 6'0" and ~175 lbs. Please let me know if you have one for sale, or know of where I can look! I haven't had any luck on ebay so far :(

PS-- we're on a budget :)

2. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

I've seen Smooth vests for under $200.

3. 5678dance

5678dance Active Member

I know, me too, but he already has a vest. We both really want him to get a jacket.

I'm figuring there's gotta be someone out there willing to sell us a used jacket. Or someone who can point us in the right direction! HELP fellow DFers! There are soooo many places to find consignment dresses, but I can't find anywhere for consignment men's costumes!

4. DancerForLife

DancerForLife Member

DH ~might~ have something for sale, though his outfits are always the whole pants + jacket lot. Would you like me to ask him if he is willing to part with any of his dance clothes? I'm sure he will only want to part with them as a set. Please PM your budget as an FYI. Thanks!

5678dance and Larinda McRaven like this.
  5. Gorme

Gorme Active Member

The problem with men's jackets is that they're all custom made. It's very difficult to wear someone else's jacket and not look or feel odd.

5678dance likes this.
  6. middy

middy Well-Known Member

Some people do the all black look, and if the vest has lapels it has a nice faux-jacket feel. Black shirt, black (fitted) vest.

5678dance likes this.
  7. 5678dance

5678dance Active Member

So the vest he has now does *not* have the "jacket feel," in that, it is not a long one. I might convince him to do that, with a black shirt, since it seems more feasible at this point. Maybe. But my first post still stands :rolleyes:
    thanks for all the replies!!

8. 5678dance

5678dance Active Member

(anyone got a used long vest lying around???? :))

9. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

takadance stardanceshop has some rather nice rack suits, and long vests.

5678dance likes this.
  10. 5678dance

5678dance Active Member

yea, the vests are definitely more along our budget lines :) Thanks, Larinda!