Tango Argentino > Videos > Luis Bianchi & Daniela Pucci Milonga

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Peaches, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

2. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i never saw this style of tango before... how fun! just never saw it done so FAST...

3. Twirly

Twirly New Member

Interesting mix of traditional, close embrace milonga and more modern elements in open.

Samina, this is milonga, so it's different from tango. It's not particularly fast for a milonga - though of course you'd need to be a great dancer to lead and follow a lot of these steps. For social dancing the moves would usually be a bit more subtle, but the dance could be just as fast.

4. Peaches

As Twirly said, that's milonga. It's one of the 3 variations of AT.

*tempt, tempt*

You know when I said I could recommend a couple of good teachers in NY? These are them. He's very sweet, and funny as hell. (The last time I saw him, he ended up pantomiming (sp?) being shoved in a cat carrier. I was laughing so hard I was crying.) I don't know her well, but she's sweet and just...so...cute and tiny! (I'm 5'3". He's the one I'm dancing with in my avatar, and I had on 2.5 heels, so he's what, 5'5"? If you look at the video, she's shorter than him by a decent bit, and she dances in 4" heels. Tiny!)

5. Peaches

It is interesting. My teacher teaches the same style--that interesting, fluid mix of old and new. It's a challenge, and very fun.

6. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

That was really nice milonga dancing. Absolutley in tune with the music.
    and the sentada with a weight change: very interesting.

7. Peaches

I don't remember it that well, and i don't remember a sentada with a weight change standing out.

Could you tell me at what point that happens (minutes/seconds), so I can keep and eye out for it when I get the chance?

8. Peaches

One thing I love about the two of them dancing, is that their faces show everything. It can't be seen very well on the video--although there are a couple of quick spots--but when you see them live you can see just how much the love dancing, each other, and dancing together.

I admit, I'm biased. Very much so. I adore Luis.

9. Me

Me New Member

That was fabulous!

I REALLY need to work on my milonga. It's miserable, lol!

10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

thanks, peach... you do tempt, believe me. i'll eventually get there...

:)

they are indeed absolutely adorable together!