MAC 2014

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by 5678dance, Aug 30, 2013.

1. stash

stash Well-Known Member

2. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Possibly because none of the Open Latin couples can still dance an entire syllabus dance any longer.

middy, mindputtee and suburbaknght like this.
  3. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

yes. We also won last year, putting me in to mos hall of fame (if the website ever gets updated)! :) (sync was already in there before)

syncopationator likes this.
  4. elle

elle Member

Live video in MAC 2014?

5. elle

elle Member

Daydreaming or reality to enjoy?

6. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

There will probably not be live streaming at the MAC. The Manhattan Center charges for any sort of live streaming (except for fairly brief TV news clips) and we just can't afford it.

7. elle

elle Member

Thank you, Daphna. Maybe one day, when Manhattan Center will see this as an opportunity to sell advertising...

8. elle

elle Member

Can we pay for live stream? Would it help?

9. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

can you sneak in a DropCam camera? ;)

10. scotttocs

scotttocs Member

We are going to discuss this, and see what options there are.

The costs are substantial, so we would probably need a sponsor

11. syncopationator

syncopationator Active Member

There were several novice and pre-champ couples. No Champ-only couples, but I don't recall there being a whole lot in standard either.

12. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

MAC is open for registration and the deadline is Dec. 31. We are back at the Manhattan Center and it should be a great weekend of dancing. There are VIP tickets available, front row tickets available and of course general admission tickets available. Come dance and cheer on your friends and friends to be. See you all in Jan.

13. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

I'll think about it. ;)

14. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

You are already down on the list as dancing, so I guess what you are thinking about is adding Standard to your dance card :play:

dlliba10 likes this.
  15. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

Yay! And Yay to the venue!!!

16. XtremeNuisance

XtremeNuisance New Member

I haven't competed in 2 years and my new partner and I are stepping into the competition circuit for the first time here. le sigh..... *nervous*

dlliba10 likes this.
  17. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

I will be there sending my vendor forms off shortly! Will be bringing a mix of consigned gowns, new designer clearance and some new Danscouture gowns! Yay to the venue, will be nice to hang out few blocks away from my old apartment

Miss Silly likes this.
  18. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Two MAC 2014 threads have been merged....

19. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

Is o2cm crashing for anyone else? Trying to register but every time I put o2cm.com into my address bar, it says there are too many redirects ... I can get to the entry list with a direct link, but nothing doing in terms of the main site or registration ...

Edit: HERPADERP. Nevermind. Guess my computer's just being stupid.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  20. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

DP can't make it, so I'll be competing with a friend (actually same one as saved me on last minutes notice last year) doing Gold and Novice standard, and hopefully MOS.