Country and Western > Macho (Dancing) Men

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by pygmalion, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

OK, let's be fair . . . don't forget those women with bulging chest hair . . . *gag*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Ew! I'm getting a visual. :lol: :lol:

3. Sabor

Sabor New Member

:x .. now dont u get me started on hairy women stories Vince! :lol:

4. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Are they good or bad stories? :shock:

5. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

Exactly!!!

6. Sabor

Sabor New Member

very bad for me & very funny for u.. lol

7. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Except they remind of a date or two that I had with this one Russian woman . . . loved her to pieces, but everytime I showed up at her door . . . I found myself bringing along my electric razor with me!!!!!!!!! :eek:

8. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Well-Known Member

Ahhh, the memory of being forced to do square dancing in middle school - YIKES! Hated it so violently, it was just all so corny to me. Little did I suspect I'd grow to love partner dancing years later.Still can't stand line or square dancing though.

9. Lofland

Lofland New Member

I live in Texas-- specifically, Austin. I love salsa. I take four to six hours of salsa lessons every week in addition to going to clubs once a week. It is by far the most beautiful partner dance, IMO. We have a small but growing salsa community. However, here, as in many parts of the US, there are TEN TIMES more people dancing C&W than salsa almost every night of the week, including ten times as many beautiful women. I went to one of the smaller honkytonks in town last Thursday night (The Broken Spoke, for those who know Austin). I was amazed at how many younger women without dates were there (part of the reason is the 50,000-enrollment University of Texas, of course). There was also a lower male-femal ratio than in the salsa clubs. As for physical contact, some people do two-step cheek-to-cheek and chest-to-chest. Any hip-hop club has far more bumping and grinding than any salsa or C&W club, if that's what you're after.

dTas made some great points about C&W dancing. I learned to two-step well enough to get along in just two one-hour private lessons. The basic two-step is easy enough that you can have a conversation with your partner while you do it. From what I've seen after a few visits to honkytonks, the standards of dancing are just a lot lower, so women are easier to please. Most of the dancers never had studio classes, so if you have some training in maintaining a frame and leading properly, you look really good. I have several male friends who are interested in learning salsa after seeing some superb local dancers. They are single and interested in meeting women. I'm telling them to learn two-step right now, so they can go out to bars next week and have fun dancing while they start down the longer road to mastering salsa.

10. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

You definitely have a point there, Lofland. I have brought a lot of guys to my instructor's lessons to observe and they admit, gee that's a HOT dance, but it's gonna take me forever to learn it, and it usually does. A few of the guys ended up taking lessons only to drop out after six months or so. They told me they just weren't getting the hang of it or they "couldn't move like that"(the hip thing!). It takes a lot of dedication and practice to learn to dance salsa properly (and look good doing it!).

11. Lofland

Lofland New Member

yes Cocodrilo, so I hope I eventually get the appreciation from women that I deserve after spending so much time and money to improve my Latin hip motion :)

12. Flat Shoes

Flat Shoes New Member

Last time I checked, I was still straight. So no waxing for me :!: 8) :lol:

13. balletblueyes

balletblueyes New Member

I agree :?

14. pygmalion

:lol: :lol: :lol:

15. balletblueyes

balletblueyes New Member

I agree with that too!!! :kissme:

16. pygmalion

You guys (ladies) better be glad that C&W is our slowest forum. Or else you'd have a bunch of big ol' cowboys after you for challenging their masculinity. :wink: :lol: