Event Announcements > Mackinac Island Ballroom Getaway!

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by lcdancesport, Sep 10, 2008.

1. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

October 17-20
    Grand Hotel

Package Includes:
    -Three nights accommodations at the Grand Hotel
    -Friday Evening Reception
    -Saturday Grand luncheon buffet
    -Saturday evening reception
    -Sunday breakfast and dinner
    -Dancing Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with live music!
    -Saturday and Sunday dance classes!
    -Gratuities
    -Ferry boat tickets to and from the island
    -Bus transportation from Lake Country DanceSport to Mackinac Island
    -Half price golfing
    -Staff available to dance with!

Cost: $1400 a person or $975 a person for double occupancy

Call our studio for more information or to make reservations:
    262-367-3008

2. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Idle curiosity--what venue in the hotel is the dancing in? A bunch of us from the MSHP went to one of their weeknight cocktail dance things once for fun. Small floor in that area, but the live band was great and it was so much fun!

FYI for those unfamiliar: the only way to the Island are the ferries from St. Ignace or Mackinaw City (Mackinaw City is with a W, the island is with a C, pronounced the same) or air service from St. Ignace. There are no motorized vehicles on the Island except for emergency services and park vehicles. Please pronounce it "MACK-in-aw", not "mack-ih-nack". The Village Inn has better food than the Grand-have the planked whitefish, it's great. Ladies pack skirts to wear in the evening at the Grand because they mean it with the "no slacks on women after 6" thing. Men: jackets and ties. Seriously. While on the Island, visit Fort Mackinac. Please. It gets really boring in October and the staff likes the company. And I hope you like fudge.

And I wish I still lived in Michigan because this sounds like SO much more fun than working on the Island. (Ex-employee of Mackinac State Historic Parks.) And $1400 package is wicked good for three nights at the Grand!

3. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Please pronounce it "MACK-in-aw", not "mack-ih-nack".

Heh, that's how you can tell the tourists. We learn that even down here in Chicago area, for the regatta. :)

4. danceronice

The one that kills everyone is "Michilimackinac." (MISH-ih-li-MACK-ih-naw.) I worked the register there and people would just give up halfway through the name.

5. etp777

etp777 Active Member

hahaha

I got that one right too (though it was a guess). never heard of that before. I used to get mackinac wrong.

6. Stagekat

Stagekat Member

Wow.. this event sounds like a lot of fun... wish I could attend!

7. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

It's really very good fudge though.

8. danceronice

I swear there is some ordinance that mandates one fudge shop per 200ft of retail frontage. It is good fudge, yes, but after a while there is such a thing as too much fudge.

9. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

I'm not exactly sure which venue it is in, I just know there will be two bands going on at the same time in two different ballrooms. I can't wait to go, I haven't been there since I was a kid.

10. danceronice

I'd love to see pictures when the event's through. In a perverse way I miss the place.