Dancers Anonymous > Make Your 2004 Dance Forums Awards Nominations!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SDsalsaguy, Dec 1, 2004.

1. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Well, in the 80s, there was this brainless subculture known as a "Surfer Guy" and his female counterpart known as "Valley Girl" which pretty much did it for me. Guess it's a California thang...

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Grr. I've heard awesome plenty, from people (actual grown-ups) who should know better than to succumb to any cultural trend started in Cali. :lol: :lol:

3. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:? :roll: Who is her? :roll: The cat's mother? :roll: :roll: :tongue:

:lol: :banana: :lol:

4. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

"Cali"? Cali is in Colombia... :x

5. pygmalion

:tongue: I'm guessing "Person Most Annoyed by Slang Names for California" is on your list of sought-after nominations, as well? :eyebrow: :wink: Consider it done. 8) :D

Understood, though. The slang names, Mass (for Massachusetts -- which is what many Mass natives call it,) and UPenn (for University of Pennsylvania -- which is called U of P by people with a clue :x ) irritate the heck out of me. :oops: :lol:

6. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I am equally ired when people call my beloved San Francisco "'Frisco". It's like "Gee, are you fresh off the boat, or what?!" :lol:

7. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

I left my heart... In Sam Clam Disco......

8. pygmalion

Whatever you do, please, please don't sing. :wink: :lol:

9. macha

macha New Member

Cali's where all the awes-... Wonderful Paso Fino shows are, Sr. Fabio Ochoa's ranch is there. Amazing place, they say.

10. pygmalion

Goin' back to Cali ... [singing, despite earlier allusions to a song-free thread. :roll: ]

11. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Cali, rumba...Rumba in Cali......

12. chandra

chandra New Member

So do we get a new thread? Its just innapropriate to have all these nominations in last years thread ;)

I am personally planning on running for most self nominations. I already have about 50 in my head ;)

(jk)

13. pygmalion

It's not time for nominations yet. And believe me, enough happens in the month of December that almost any nominations made now will be irrelevant by the time the awards roll around at the end of the year. I learned that the hard way. :?

Besides. It's a kinda fun and whimsical thing to do during the holiday season; it lightens things up a bit. 8)

14. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Yup, the DF Silent Auction will run Oct. & Nov. (donations in Oct. & bidding in Nov.) again and, once that's completed, the offical 2005 DF Awards nominations will be solicited during Dec.

15. tacad

tacad New Member

Awesome dude! Cali rocks! :rocker:

16. pygmalion

Fer sure! :lol: :lol: (Sorry. Haven't practiced my valley girl accent in a while. :lol: )

17. chandra

chandra New Member

Was the df silent auction? I feel so clueless today!

18. pygmalion

An annual fund raiser to help defray the (incredibly high) costs of running DF. Volunteers are asked to donate items. And the donated items are posted online for bidding.

Pretty straightforward. 8) :D

19. chandra

chandra New Member

Ah... Now that one should have been obvious... Pygmalion... my savior....

what would me and my curiosity do without you? :notworth:

:D

20. pygmalion

:lol: :lol: Wait until someone else answered? :roll: :wink: