Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Maksim's blog - anyone else reading it?

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Beto, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Beto

Beto Active Member

2. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Thanks for linking to that! Very interesting. His charm and personality really come through.

I hope that November 2010 event in the Meadowlands is everything he hopes it will be. Maybe some of us can be volunteers!

3. vcolfari

vcolfari Member

This part made me laugh: "Ballroom is not my forte, but I've always enjoyed doing it."

4. gracie

gracie Active Member

Wondered where Karen Hauer was. I miss their dancing. Maybe there is a youtube video of her audition.

5. Beto

Beto Active Member

Maks updated his blog. He lets the judges have it for Monday night's critiques (having only seen the team dances from that night, and last night's results show this morning, I agree with him) and gives his honest opinions on the performances from that evening. Some of what Maks says echoes the comments I've seen from many of you on this week's routines.

http://www.tvguide.com/Celebrity-Blogs/Dancings-Maks-Judges-1011548.aspx?rss=breakingnews

6. New in NY

New in NY New Member

Thanks for the updated link, Beto. I expected just a rehash of the results and a sorry to see them go sort of piece, but this was wonderfully honest.
    Maybe Maks should be a judge next season.
    But then we wouldn't get to see him dance ...

7. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Maybe its just me, but I am much more impressed by, and like, his thoughtful in-writing persona much more than his on-air persona.

8. Beto

Beto Active Member

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I like his on-air persona and his in-writing persona even moreso. I'm fully aware that, when I watch his heavily-edited behind the scenes/rehearsal footage, the producers and editors want to portray Maks a certain way. And maybe that gives some people a bad impression of him.

You're welcome. I'd actually welcome seeing Maks on the judges' table. Maybe on a season where he isn't choregraphing? Or if he's eliminated early on and they need someone to fill a spot one week?

9. maksfan616

maksfan616 New Member

I really enjoy his blogs. I vacillate between cursing ABC for always portraying Maks as difficult and thanking them. It makes him special and it keeps him as being unique.

As far as the judges, he was spot on. I would love to see him judge but only if he danced the results show each week.

10. etp777

etp777 Active Member

From what I've seen on show, and more importantly, in studios here, I would say that his persona has seemed to change, and for the better, over last few years.

That point being made, I always like seeing any of the pros in a venue/state where I can get to see them more as a real person, rather than the image they like to project. It's interesting.

11. Beto

Beto Active Member

12. Beto

Beto Active Member