Dance Articles > Man Attacks Dance Instructor

Discussion in 'Dance Articles' started by Quixotic, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Quixotic

Quixotic New Member

"
    Man attacks dance instructor, says he 'defiles married women'

February 10, 2010 2:42 PM | No Comments

MADISON, Wis. - A man is accused of repeatedly shocking a male dance instructor with a stun gun, claiming the instructor was a "sinner" who "defiles married women."

Kevin Johnson, 59, of Baraboo hastily arranged a dance lesson at the instructor's Madison home and showed up with a stun gun and sledgehammer, prosecutors say in a complaint filed Tuesday.
    A criminal complaint says Johnson told a detective that his church does not condone touching while dancing and that he was going to scare the instructor "and tell him to leave the women alone."

The Wisconsin State Journal says the instructor told police that Johnson phoned for private dance lessons, and when he opened the door to his home, Johnson began to shock him repeatedly in the neck with the stun gun.

-- Associated Press"

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/...:+ChicagoBreakingNews+(Chicago+Breaking+News)

2. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

my goodness....

4. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

5. etp777

etp777 Active Member

lol C4

6. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Well-Known Member

that poor man.. :(

*the dance teacher obviously

7. RickRS

RickRS Member

Weird.

The guy has taken dance lessons before. :confused:

Wonder which church he's a member of? You know that old joke about Baptists. ;)

8. DL

DL Well-Known Member

(thought better of my reply)

9. fascination

let us be very careful here folks...we do border on potentially offending someone and painting all persons of one affiliation with the same brush and so I'd just like to politely ask that we all focus on the dude's instabilty rather than his affiliation...nuts come in all varieties

10. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

I always find it curious that justification for all manner of bizarre and manic behavior is given by the perpetrator as their strong belief or beliefs and that alone; for them it somehow means that they should somehow be acclaimed for their interpretation of their fantasies and their actions. I think of the Children's Crusades in Medieval times as a perfect example of belief trumping logic over sensitivity.

11. Me

Me New Member

and the sledgehammer was for.....?

12. fascination

gotta say...for me, it seems pretty certain that one has moved into the realm of instability when they need to bring a stun gun and a sledgehammer to make their point...and I just send my sincere sympathies to whomever the victim of this insanity happened to be....

13. Joy In Motion

Joy In Motion Active Member

Wow. This goes to show that there are still very strong elements of anti-dance sentiment in various church circles (I have encountered this not incredibly often but on occasion), so it is not just a thing of the past. Dancing indeed does have the potential to be an intimate activity. And there have been many stories thrown around about dance instructors and how some exploit their position for their own sexual urges (sorry, I couldn't think of a classier way to say it). Of course I am in no way implying that the victim in this instance was guilty of that, but the bad ones unfortunately can make even the good ones suspect to those who are already wary or condemning of partner dancing. I would hope this kind of thing would encourage people to promote the beautiful and innocent elements of dancing instead of using it for not-so-good reasons, but I suppose anything can be used for wrong and even harmful (or just plain ignorant) purposes. Dance truly is a reflection of what's in the heart...

14. Br0nze

Br0nze Active Member

That's my thought as well. The stun gun is enough to incapacitate... maybe the hammer was for a 'Misery' re-enactment. The fella can't dance if his legs are broken, right? :-?

15. tangotime

tangotime Well-Known Member

lol>>>

16. QuirkyYogini

QuirkyYogini New Member

Wow. So I guess what we've learned is that dancing and touching is bad, and deception and battery are A OK! :shock: Super...

*goes back to lurking*

17. drejenpha

drejenpha Member

"I'm not happy to see you, that's just a sledgehammer down my pants."

18. Joyful Dancer

Joyful Dancer New Member

As a dancer and someone whose faith defines who I am as a person, I am deeply saddened to hear of this attack. So much evil has been perpetuated in the name of “righteousness” (for lack of a better word). It never ceases to amaze me how folks who cite their religious beliefs against dancing fail to remember that King David praised dancing. It is often mentioned in holy writings in a very positive light. I’m certainly not trying to start a religion or philosophy debate… just making this observation. As another post so well states, troubled folks exist across all socioeconomic, gender, and religious stratifications. My heart and prayers go out to the victim.

19. fascination

course lol...king david was hardly the authority on morality :)

20. RichE

RichE New Member

“…need to bring a stun gun and a sledgehammer…” So, by bringing both, instead of one, then he is instable? Maybe that’s why he brought the sledgehammer to prove instability.

Totally disagree on your ***** foot stance. If religion produces an unsafe product then religion should be held accountable.

How did you know how to contact the victim? I think he needs all our support.