Tango Argentino > Videos > man & man tango

Discussion in 'Videos' started by bordertangoman, Jul 8, 2007.

1. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

2. newbie

newbie Well-Known Member

It adds opportunities for new moves, like when Serkhan climbs on Ozhan's leg. A straight couple would have difficulties to emulate this because of the pointy heel of the lady.

3. bastet

bastet Active Member

I'd probably say traditional rather than straight. They don't really give any indication of their personal orientation. There's at least one all women tango group here in the US and I would call them gay.

4. newbie

newbie Well-Known Member

Sorry for the wording, straight was meant in a tango sense. Traditional instead, yeah but then it can be understood as a couple dancing traditional tango. And btw they're brothers, there can be no misunderstanding here. Also a straight couple could not do it the other way either, with the woman kneeling and the man climbing on her leg because the man would be too heavy.

5. bastet

bastet Active Member

true- though I read through their site and it didn't indicate they were brothers (??), just that they had been friends since childhhod, one learning ballroom dance and the other tango.

Now- if a mixed sex (got around that one now!) couple were dancing in jazz shoes, there wouldn't be a problem with the stepping on the leg thing, though I seem to recall some sequence in "The Tango Lesson" where Pablo Veron is dancing in a show on a stage (was it iwth Geraldine?) and she climbs over him, heels not seeming to be an issue. So maybe its not as problematic as it might seem? Haven't seen the movie in some time, but I do recall something like this.

6. Tanguera

Tanguera New Member

Maybe putting weight only on the balls of the foot, with no pressure on the heel?

7. bastet

bastet Active Member

probably so...if I ever get anyone to teach me some fantasia tango...I'll try to find out :) it looks kind of fun. :D