Dance Websites > Maplewood Dance Center - Portland Maine

Discussion in 'Dance Websites' started by DanceMentor, Sep 16, 2002.

1. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

A wonderful dance center in Portland Maine offering ballroom and country dancing and lessons.
    http://www.themaplewood.com

Looks like you have a really nice studio judging by the pictures. Maine is one of my wife and I's favorite places to visit. We were in Portland in June of last year. We walked around the wharf area where all the restaurants and shops are located. We are planning on going again in June 2003. Maybe we will come by and visit!

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Did you have a chance to back last month and check the place out, DM? They had a very strong Country Western dancing program when I lived in the area a handful of years ago.

-FF

3. DanceMentor

Actually, I totally forgot about it. We were in Portland briefly, but most of our time was spent in the backwood country (Moosehead Lake and the White Mountains). I'm hoping to start spending Summers in Maine, and I'll need a place to dance. I'll remember your recommendation.

4. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

There is great UCWDC Country/Swing event there in June. My wife and I usually attend! I think it's held at the Airport Holiday Inn - such a place???

5. DanceMentor

I love Portland. I hope I can remember this next year. I know my wife would love to have an excuse to go the Portland.

6. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

It's a fun event. It's also great for a beginning competitor, as there are not a lot of competitors in each lever and/or age division.

UCWDC events are great . . . pull them up on the 'Net! Their leadership is unequaled!

7. MagicFeet

MagicFeet New Member

DanceMentor,

Great find on your part! I dance at MapleWood about twice a week. As a matter of fact just came back from there tonight practicing a few steps. I was surprised to see a post here for this dance center.

They really do pride themselves with the quality of the dance floor. It is raised slightly, sitting on about 44,000 rubber disks that absobs the shock of your step. Really nice to dance on!

So next time you and your wife are in Portland, drop me a line and I can show you the place and introduce you to the crowd.

Bernie

8. DanceMentor

Hi MagicFeet, thanks for joining the Dance Forums. I hope you'll have some good experiences here. My wife and I LOVE Portland. We pretty much love ALL of Maine. Maine is an awesome place. I will remember your invitation. I'm sure we will be back within 2 years.

9. MagicFeet

MagicFeet New Member

DanceMentor,

Please do. It would be a pleasure to show you around!

*Now I've got two years to make all my steps look good* :)

The invitation is open to anyone esle traveling through !!

10. tpsv86

tpsv86 New Member

Maine is wonderful, especially this time of year.

11. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the Dance Forums MagicFeet and tpsv86! :D

12. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Yes, welcome to both of you!! :D