Dancers Anonymous > Match-ups, Fix-ups, and Blind Dates

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, Feb 20, 2006.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

depends....do ya wanna learn to flirt or not?:raisebro:

2. fascination

nah you dont have to work at it...but do you have any idea at all what might do it for you? on both the physical and the other fronts?...just curious...you dont have to answer....and again, P is right....it is always best when it catches you not when you are running about trying to find it...and again if you have the connected thing...sometimes the attraction grows through that...

3. lynn

lynn New Member

um...*gulp*....is it going to give me a heart attack??

4. fascination

no darling...its going to give the guy one...or at least palpitations

5. fascination

review the flirting threads ....and if you cant find it i'll try to explain it discreetly....its simply a nice wardrobe choice for a woman...a man's oversized work shirt...provided she doesnt over dress beyond that....that is all...saucy look

6. lynn

lynn New Member

I haven't the slightest clue what kind of guy i'd fall for physically but emotionally yeah, I think i have an idea. Btw, do I really need to know or set criteria?? Isn't that a little limiting?? Besides, don't people always say you just so happen to fall for the guy for no reason??

7. fascination

nah ya dont need to know...but once you're old like me:rolleyes: you begin to see some patterns and its just kind of interesting...like 9 times out of ten a guy has dark hair and is very smart and usually quite the rennaisance man...and usually rather a tough nut to crack....just happens that way...and w/ dh ...almost every woman he likes as far as just being attracted...is very round and has nice lips...he also likes bubbly and wounded....sheesh:rolleyes: ...anyhow...sometimes is just interesting...I guess that belongs more under "your ideal"...I dont think you fall for no reaso...but I do think sometimes it takes you a while to figure out the reason...falling usually taps into something pretty deep IMO

8. lynn

lynn New Member

hmm, i don't see any pattern in the guys that i had crushes on (but then again, i haven't had that many crushes....). I but i do see a pattern on something else - they are all sophisticated, intelligent people.....I guess it's way easier to impress me intellectually than anything else!

9. AzureDreamer

AzureDreamer New Member

I personally HATE blind-dates. Physical attraction is not the most important thing in a relationship, but it is necessary thing, and it is really, really easy to judge.

I really HATE the whole match-up thing as well. Its not like a date. It doesn't -feel- like a date. Its got all of the intimacy and romance of a corporate merger.

I think going out with the people who set you up is a really good idea. or dinner parties work well. Like, have the couple trying to set you up... and maybe two other couples over too... do a fondue or something messy, that you'd eat with your fingers. break open the wine. play a game like trivial pursuit. pull out the water pipe, sit around talking with your friends like you always do.

10. cl5814

cl5814 New Member

Yes, this is true. I never realized that this is definitely one of the reasons why some of my friendships worked out and some died quickly. I could never pin point it.....but now that you said it, it makes sense. Somebody that were interested in me romantically, yet i wasn't interested at all, boiled down to this exact same thing. He wanted me to share information and i didn't want to because i believed he didn't need to know so much about me and i didn't feel comfortable sharing info with him for the short time that i knew him. Was before i knew he was that into me. Things turned really ugly from there...

11. It's Wonderful

It's Wonderful New Member

Oh, family, can't live with 'em, an'... well, that's it really.
    (Seriously though, I wuv 'em)

My mother has decided that I should start seeing the charming son of a friend of hers. Apparently, I'm no longer promised to "that tango dancer" in CA! This friend's son is quite a catch, he's tall, dark, and handsome, has an awesome apartment in the city, a fulfilling and quasi-lucrative job of framing and art restoration, and he's single! But, he's 10 years my senior (OK, I can handle that), and lives about 3000 miles away (huh? How's that going to work?) in Virginia. Ahh, mommy, what goes on in your lil' head, I wonder? :rolleyes:

12. lynn

lynn New Member

Hmm, that sounds like a similar experience i had - I was asked to have a long-d relationship with mom's friend's colleague's son (yeah, i know a bit of a stretch). I'm actually more than 5000 miles away from the guy and no, i've never met him (and possibly never will). Ah, the thing about the modern era is that we can "email" each other - goodness, maybe we can fall in love and get married over the internet as well :lol:??

13. It's Wonderful

It's Wonderful New Member

LOL, if I can't dance with the fella, how am I supposed to fall in love? "Like", OK, "admire" etc, fine, but love? Uh uh, not gonna happen without a good dance :lol:

14. lynn

lynn New Member

You guys can have webcam where he leads and you follow :lol:???

It's a hard admiring the person over the internet too - somehow i find people are always a bit different on/off line - not purposely lying but just....different.

15. lynn

lynn New Member

Yikes, sorry to hear about your bad experience but that's the thing about relationships - you have to be on the same wavelength and sometimes when you don't know the person that well, you don't fel comfortable sharing the information....

The thing about best friends is that you respect each other, you have things in common and you enjoy doing things together - that's how you become best friends. You know the other person so well you can easily talk to them and you know they're trustworthy. It's no surprise that best friends fall for one another because there are no nasty surprises to deal with!

16. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Uh, you hop a flight to Dulles. ;)

17. brujo

brujo New Member

That only works until he tries the first dip...