Event Announcements > Max & Yulia International Latin Workshop

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by standardnut, Nov 16, 2006.

1. standardnut

standardnut Member

Max & Yulia will be conducting a workshop on
    "Cha Cha Cha, Rumba & Samba Basic Elements & More"

December 13th (Wednesday)
    7:30 pm - 9pm
    $50 per person (cash)

Reservation suggested

Dance Studio 101
    101 Lafayette St, 2nd Fl
    New York, NY 10013
    212-431-7134
    www.dancestudio101.com

2. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

oooo..... sooo tempting, and what a great excuse to go to NY

.....must seriously consider this :)

3. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

I'm kind of wishing it was on a weekend....that studio seems to have a lot of really enticing workshops, classes and dances. And you can buy some nice knock off purses right around the corner *LOL*

4. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

Oh and that is soooo dangerous! I had to limit how much cash I could carry on me last time to prevent myself from spending waaaaayyyy too much over there!!! It's all too easy to do ;)

5. mamboqueen

Yup...I think I bought 5 or 6 "pashminas" the last time I was there (and I probably could have bought 20 more...great gift idea). The workshop or lesson can end up easily costing you 50X more than you anticipated! I sometimes wish I lived closer, but probably better off not.

6. yippee1999

yippee1999 Member

forgive my ignorance.... :--)

who are Max and Yulia? Any link to videos of them?

Just trying to figure out if I should check out the workshop. I wouldn't mind a cha-cha class (have danced it, but never taken actual class), and wouldn't mind learning the rumba either (never danced it).

Tx!

7. mamboqueen

ymdance.net - they rock!

8. yippee1999

yippee1999 Member

Thanks for the url!

9. DancerForLife

DancerForLife Member

yipee1999 - YOU ARE IN FOR A TREAT!!!!!!!!! Max and Yulia are currently in the top 10 in the world in professional latin, they are two-time World Showdance champions, and super nice people. If you can, I'd recommend you go - if I could, I'd be there in a heartbeat!

10. Dancebug

Dancebug Well-Known Member

$50 for a group lesson? Isn't it too stiff?

11. mamboqueen

Well, technically it's a "workshop" (although, yeah, whtat's the diff?) and 1.5 hours long. I've actually paid a bit more for one of these...although it was limited to 10 people (IIRC).

12. Dancebug

Dancebug Well-Known Member

We have been to an hour group lesson (workshop) with two different former Blackpool finalists (one for latin and the other for standard). Each was $20.00 per person.

13. mamboqueen

Paid $30 for 45 minutes of Allan Torsnberg workshop. Again, the group size was limited.