Salsa > Videos > Maybe if I ask nicely...

Discussion in 'Videos' started by naturallove, Jan 11, 2007.

1. naturallove

naturallove New Member

2. samina

samina Well-Known Member

3. Pacion

Pacion New Member

I saw him third! I guess I'm it! :banana:

:lol:

I wonder who his teacher/trainer is.

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

geez maybe I am just way too ballroom but he didn't do it for me

5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I mean kudos for being that good at 13 and all but, well, meh...

6. naturallove

naturallove New Member

Nope, definitely not ballroom style.

7. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

I first saw him dance at a congress in Seattle over thanksgiving. He is part of the Salsa Mania dance company, and I saw him perform alongwith John Narvaez. He is really good, but its so clear that he is just a kid..

8. naturallove

naturallove New Member

Agreed..but can you imagine what he's gonna be like in a few years???:raisebro: Coincidentally, I saw a group of teenagers (Kids con Estilo) this weekend at a social in D.C. They were GREAT! Such flava, and danced really well to boot. I was trying to keep an eye for the guys so I could dance with one. I wish I could find a video of them. I'll keep an eye out.

9. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Yes, it is clear that he is a kid and I am no cradle snatcher! I only want to dance with him! :tongue:

IMO, he is better than some "adults" I know, who have been dancing 10 years! And his confidence! If he keeps it up, there is no telling where he might get to, in dance ability. There is a boy I met several years ago. He was amazing. I then heard he went more into hiphop/breakdancing than salsa. Our loss.

I don't work much with kids who dance. But, from what I see, yes, they can "lack a certain maturity or perspective" in their dancing. They don't have life experience. I mean, a teasing/"come hither" look from a kid/child is clearing going to get a different reaction from a woman than that same look from a man. ;)

But hey, on the basis that I dance with everyone, with the caveat that my safety isn't at risk, then I will happily dance with children.

Fascination, I am glad "he didn't do it for you". Just means, more dances/less competition for me! :banana: :lol:

10. thespina13

thespina13 New Member

DUDES!!!! That's Mario! He's the son of a friend of mine here in Edmonton! My teacher is his teacher! HAHAHA!! Very cool! (His dad dances a verrry nice bachata.)

Yeah that kid is on the way. And that's the kind of stuff my teacher can inspire.

Oh and I did dance with him at a social last year. It's so weird dancing with a kid, especially when I'm narly six feet tall, lol. And he lets it go and I'm like "wow. I would normally do a body roll there but it just DOESN'T feel appropriate, :p"

11. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Who is his teacher!!!

12. alemana

alemana New Member

stunning - great body movement and musicality. and you can't go wrong with that song!

13. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

thespina

who is his instructor? how did he get hooked with salsamania?

14. Pacion

Pacion New Member

We are asking nicely. I promise! :lol:

15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

oh sure, but i kept thinking as i watched him... what's he gonna be like in 10, 20 years????

16. thespina13

thespina13 New Member

Well, I don't know who he started with, but currently he trains with my teacher, Jennifer Izquierdo, with Spice Productions (www.spiceproductions.ca). Salsa mania.. again I'm not sure about his story. But he's a wee bit on the spoiled side and his dad pulls out ALL the stops when it comes to getting his kid opportunities. It'll get him everywhere though. The thing about Mario Jr. is that he has the talent to make the opportunities pay off.

Lo.. and Samina.. if he's anything like his dad, he'll be fun as hell to dance with in 10 years. Heck... give him five.

17. nycsalsero

nycsalsero Member

Is Mario Jr. ever billed as "SUPER MARIO"? I know there's another guy from the UK who is called that.

18. thespina13

thespina13 New Member

LoL no. Super Mario is a grown, goofy, somewhat odd man. No relation.

19. yippee1999

yippee1999 Member

He's great, esp considering he's only 13. I sure didn't sense any hesitation or awkwardness.... I would have thought he was a number of years older.

20. Pacion

Pacion New Member

As Thespina13 said, two different people :D