Salsa > Videos > Maybe if I ask nicely...

Discussion in 'Videos' started by naturallove, Jan 11, 2007.

1. nycsalsero

nycsalsero Member

Sorry, I should have been clearer - yes they are different people but there is a Calgary event {broken image removed} coming up on 16 Feb that has "SUPER MARIO" performing. I didn't think it would be THE super mario from the UK, so I thought maybe it was this guy. Time will tell I suppose...

2. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Ah! The link you provided does not show the list of performers. However, a quick search on Google revealed...

So, in answer to your original question, it looks like the answer is yes.

* Have I said how much I love :google: :lol:

3. barrefly

barrefly New Member

I just joined this board to reply to this post,..so let me introduce myself first.
    I am the father of a 13 yr. old dancer. My daughter is also an incredible salsa dancer, as well as ballroom/latin, swing, ballet, jazz, modern, flamenco, tap and hiphop dancer. (...did I forget any).

She is currently studying salsa with a couple of big names out her in So. Cal. and is currently searching for a partner. I stumbled on Mario's clip and sent Mario an email of a clip of my daughter. Mario is an "on2" dancer but asked if my daughter was going to the SF congress in Nov. We will be going if I can get her in on a performance, but otherwise no. She is in an all girls trio with Josie Neglia studio, (she performed this weekend in Palm Springs) and is working with a temp. partner in another salsa group that may also be performing in SF. So...we may be going. Therefore, I have started her "on2" training with Bernard Martinez of DanceSport. (He's great).

If he is truly as gifted as everyone is saying, it will be very exciting for me to see them get togeather, even if for a few days.

http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o306/sammydowell/?action=view&current=Newpics039.jpg
    ...a pic of my daughter with her salsa instructor.

For a clip, visit youtube and search "13 kid salsa" and you will find a clip of her social dancing with Rodrigo Guzman for the first time. (she was nervous).
    ...I am at work and youtube is blocked.

Many thanks to the original poster for bringing attention to the talents of this young dancer. I hope that the salsa communtity welcomes and embrace my young dancer as well. She trains very hard and could use all the support and encouragement she can get. :)

4. barrefly

barrefly New Member

Let's see if I can post yet.
    New member here.....I am not a dancer but I play one on T.V.
    Actually, I am a dancer's father. She is a young'un at 13 1/2 yrs. old. We are in So. Cal. but we are hoping to go to the S.F. congress in Nov. to meet Super Mario.
    I spoke with him via email and he seems very nice. My daughter is currently taking "on2" privates (Bernard/DanceSport) and should be ready by Nov. She is currently an "on1" and latin dancer. I have only seen his shine on the web and would love to see him with a partner. If anyone has a clip, I would appreciate it.
    I will keep this short to see if it posts.
    C.
    Thankyou

5. thespina13

thespina13 New Member

;) I'll talk to Mario and see if he can post a clip of himself with his partner during Salsapalooza. He's turned into an awesome lead. I'll also talk to our mutual teacher and see if she has anything, then I can post some stuff myself. He was in our group choreography this year in Puerto Rico.. that's a fun video. But I don't think it's been posted yet so I'll ask around. Give me a little bit and maybe I can help you!

And yes, Mario is a very sweet guy. I'm sure you'l have a great time with him!

6. barrefly

barrefly New Member

thespina13, thankyou so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uXHViyc9Ls
    ...here is a clip of Missy mess'n around with Rodrigo Guzman whom she met that evening. I'm sorry it's so dark.

We look forward to the clip of Mario and his partner.

7. barrefly

barrefly New Member

F.Y.I....the clip of Missy above has been removed.
    My daughter has finally found a partner and has just started training with him. They are very good togeather and I am very excited.
    Charlie

8. marioacostac

marioacostac New Member

Its Me!

Hi you guys,
    thank you all for you positive feedbacks and your guys comments,
    they make me better. Well now im 15 , and i train, perform, and learn from Salsamania , Jhon and Liz are my teachers from San Francisco.
    Now i travel often down to SF, and in a couple of days i am performing with Liz Rojas at the San Francisco Salsa Congress. I still love salsa and i have been working to become better, but also i am competing in ballroom/latin, and i am really into my Jazz , Ballet, Lyrical/Contemporary dances, i am currently competing my Contemporary solo's. But soon i will post my vids dancing with Liz Rojas and my solo's.

Thanks lots

9. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to Dance Forums marioacostac, and good luck at the SF Salsa Congress! :cheers:

10. barrefly

barrefly New Member

Mario, great to have you on DF. Forget SF...move down her to L.A. and I will set you up with Missy. LOL (Do you remember her?).
    She has been a bit disillusioned with salsa and has also been training in b/l .....int. 10 dance. She is working with the best. She is still doing salsa...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMNdE_-BUjQ
    ...but is hooked on ballroom/latin...and would love to find a suitable partner.
    She also does hustle...make it big so you can see it better....some cool tricks toward the end.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM96QNScSTA

Anyway, I would love to see you and Missy get togeather, even if for one dance. (She also dances on2).
    Charlie