Dancers Anonymous > Meet up in NYC?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by CCdance, Jul 21, 2014.

1. CCdance

CCdance Active Member

Hi ALL,
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this message, or if someone has posted already, feel free to move it to an appropriate spot if it's needed!
    I've been a fan of this forum for quite some time, recently became a member, I like the positive energy here, and we all share the same passion, so I was just wondering if any girls live in the city or close to the city interested in doing a possible meetup?....

It's a random idea, and I swear, I'm not some creepy old pervert hiding behind the screen lol feel free to drop a line here or message me in private...Enjoy the rest of your day!

CC

2. clumsy fellow

clumsy fellow Active Member

That is what every creepy old pervert says... just sayin'

3. CCdance

CCdance Active Member

Haha I'm scared of that too
    it'll be a day time meet up in public

4. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I've been considering making a trip up to NYC to buy fabric for a project, so if it coincided with that, I'd love to join!

CCdance likes this.
  5. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

Lol this is New York, not the burbs. One of the safest places in the country...

CCdance likes this.
  6. CCdance

CCdance Active Member

OMG I go to fashion district all the time shop for my designs as well!
    for some reason, I always thought you're located in city as well, let me know when you'll be going, it'll be fun to make a trip down there together!

mindputtee likes this.
  7. novellsk8

novellsk8 New Member

Hey there! I would be interested to meet up. I am excited to find ladies who shares the same passion. Feels like a lone soul sometimes when doing Pro-Am and just starting to get back into swing of things! Let me know!!
    Where do you dance?

8. CCdance

CCdance Active Member

can totally relate....I go to a couple of different studios in the city, depends on where my coach teaches, but I do go to manhattan ballroom often, I sent you a message, check your inbox when you have a moment, ttyl :)

9. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

How are the socials at Manhattan ballroom? I've actually never been. Seems like every time I make plans to go they fall through.

10. FoxTrotExtrovert

FoxTrotExtrovert Active Member

Hi NYCers!

I'm a total newbie to the site and ballroom (pre Bronze). I've been taking privates for a year, but have always shied away from socials or dances because the first dance I ever went to was soooo overwhelming and not beginner friendly. I'm up to meeting up if you don't mind a total newbie!

11. novellsk8

novellsk8 New Member

Hey FoxTrotExtrovert! Welcome to DF :)
    CCDance and I met up yesterday and it was great!! We had quite a bit in common and found a new friend :)
    Where do you dance?

12. FoxTrotExtrovert

FoxTrotExtrovert Active Member

Hi novellsk8! Thanks for the welcome!

I dance in SoHo, work in midtown and live in LI! I think that's another reason why it's do hard to get to a social on my own. My NYC friends don't want to go to LI and my LI friends don't want to
    come into the big bad city!

13. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

Manhattan ballroom has good social events on Friday and Saturday nights, or used to. I haven't been there though.

NYC really isn't that far from Long Island, although I know the traffic out there is nuts. It's an 80 mile drive from my house in NJ to my brother's on LI, which can take easily 2.5 hours to get to.

Lately things have been busy for me, but if everyone wants to meet in NYC for a social event, I'm willing to give it a go.

14. CCdance

CCdance Active Member

I don't really go to their social events any more, business and life have gotten me way too occupied, I only go there for training w my coach....

if anyone still interested in meeting up in NYC whatnot, feel free to message me!

Btw, I'm going to see Manhattan Dancesport Championships tonight, come say hi ;)

15. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

So only ladies are invited to the meet up?hmmph

16. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Bump...

I'll be in town the last week of April (yay!)... anyone want to be my friend? :shy:

17. Mr 4 styles

Sooooooo wish I was there then. Sooooo wanna chat with FF in person and get into her head. Well not literally .....

FancyFeet likes this.
  18. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

@Mr 4 styles looks like you are the only one! Sorry we won't get a chance to meet in person :)

19. Mr 4 styles

Someday FF.

FancyFeet likes this.