Salsa > meeting in NYC weekend of salsa congress - 20-22 August

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Sagitta, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Okay the following members are going to be there:

1. Moi -- yes I finally worked up the courage to go, even though I'm not that great. :banana:

2. KiwiMambo

3. aragonh

4. Boriken

5. Raggaemambo

6. jamaicanspice

Let's all try to meet. Exchange phone numbers and the like. I figure even if the congress is too big for a little fish like me it would be fun to meet you and anyone else who comes.

I'm planning on trying to see the show "Forever Tango" and also attending one of the milongas (AT dances), so if any of you want to join me for that? Try the wild side? :wink:

Anyone else going to be there?

updated to add addition attendees: wed. 18th 2:08pm est

2. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

wepa I'm in! I'll send you my phone number!!! When will you be arriving... there is a pre congress party at noche on wednesday which I'm planning to attend. :D

3. Sagitta

Thursday night / Friday. I still have to talk to the boss. Depends on if she will let me take the day off. Too close to classes starting to take any more time off. :(

4. Sagitta

Okay, I remember jamaicanspice said she would be in NYC this coming weekend. Hope she will be there too and we can get to meet as well.

5. Sagitta

An update dfers attending:

1. Moi

2. KiwiMambo

3. aragonh

4. Boriken

5. jamaicanspice

Not bad!! Get's beter all the time. :D

6. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

I'll be there!! I'll be there!! (as in I'll be in New York as of this Friday) would love to meet you guys....now someone please tell me what bank I have to rob to afford hanging out with you guys lol!

My flight leaves Jamaica Friday afternoon (early) so I will be arriving sometimes close to 9pm or thereabouts all being well. I will provide contact numbers of where I will be at any given time lol lol apparently I will be moving around alot.....by the time...how and where will I meet you guys....I have a feeling I may have to learn how to use trains VERY quickly while I'm there lol lol

7. Sagitta

FYI: I'm planning on attending congress Friday night so perhaps that might be one good time for people to meet. :)

8. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

did I forget to mention I was a seventh day adventist so my Sabbath starts at sunset Friday night and ends at sunset on Saturday night? yeh, so that means Friday night activities are out for me. any other time is great!! :D

9. KiwiMambo

KiwiMambo New Member

I fly into JFK Friday at 4pm, so I should be checked into the Hilton by 6 or 7pm. I leave Monday afternoon.

We could meet for coffee/drink at the Hilton later in the evening, when we need a break from all that dancing :)

Any ideas on how we can identify each other?

Robert
    KiwiMambo
    (760) 445 1880 (Cell)

10. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

Have fun ya'll!

11. volleybgrl

volleybgrl New Member

I might see you guys there. If I end up going, it'll be for Friday and Saturday night. Work and all will determine if I'm able to go by Wednesday or Thursday. Hopefully I'll see you all there!

:banana:

12. Sagitta

Wear shirts emblazoned with "df"? Having something unique would help, I guess. Also meeting at a particular place within a place... I'm sure we will figure something out. :)

13. squirrel

squirrel New Member

I am sorry I cannot come... but I wish you guys a grea time!

14. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

which one of the evenings? Friday night or Saturday night? my flight reaches JFK at around 8:30pm Friday evening.

hmmmmmmmm......there's a thought....let's meet at the airport!! HAHAHHHA kidding :D but seriously where should we meet and specifically when? I wont be doing any dancing Friday night you guys...it's my Sabbath :oops:

In terms of identifying ourselves.....why don't we PM each other with a suggestion...I have one.....I'm PMing KiwiMambo with it now.... 8)

15. KiwiMambo

KiwiMambo New Member

I've uploaded my picture so you all know what I look like.
    Let's meet in the Lobby of the Hilton and have a drink together.
    We just need to decide on the evening.
    Looks like Friday is out for JamaicanSpice.
    I am able to meet Sat or Sun evening.
    What evening works for others?

16. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

Saturday night and sunday nights are fine with me.......I'll have to work out transportation to get there from now.....ahhhhh....by the way.....this may seem like a really stupid question but :oops: do I assume there is only one Hilton Hotel in New York? this is my first time there soooooo.. yeh I need to know lol

17. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

The hotel is on Avenue of Americas (sixth ave) and corner of 53rd street... Hmmm, let me double check... I wouldn't bet on there being just one...

18. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

this is the link to the hilton...

hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=NYCNHHH

19. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

thanks Boriken :D

20. gypsylatina

gypsylatina New Member

Hello everyone!

I recently joined the forum. I was so inspired by your interaction. It's like one happy family. It's so cool a group of you are going to have a chance to get together. You all are going to have a blast. I can tell... :D