Salsa > meeting in NYC weekend of salsa congress - 20-22 August

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Sagitta, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Reggaemambo

Reggaemambo New Member

Missed encounter this past weekend

Hello all,
    Sorry I did not get a chance to meet up with you on Sat night
    JA Spice and Boriken: thanks for trying to get in touch with me. Looks ans sounds as though you had a blast!! Unfortunately, my phone was not working at all, so I had no means to get in touch with you all. Boriken, we have met before thru your significant other and I will reintroduce myself the next time I see you.

2. dancin/dj

dancin/dj Member

hey boriken,no im not sure what the lyrics were- i was listening to the groove mostly-i missed the performance by candy and jay how was it?

3. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

Re: Missed encounter this past weekend

NO WAY!!! SHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYT!!!! REALLY!!!!!!! :shock: :shock:

WOW, what little world this is!!! Tell me I know you!!! Sure will be looking out for you then. :D :D

4. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

It was sweet!!! She wore a sheer black body suit revealing the sculpting masterpeace only the heavens can create...

He wore a "The One"/Matrix cape with a black suit underneath making him look very handsome... He sat on a chair and "sobbed" over a pic of her, held in his hands. She was kneeling behind his chair then got up to his left and touched his cheek, he then went to grab her but she was gone, he looks around for her for a brief moment, kissed the picture again and then they took off dancing.

A few arials, with a Jazz-modern dance feel to them but still remenicent of salsa. The performance ended as it began. It was very nice I might have to say.

5. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

A somewhat belated welcome gypsylatina; I'm also in Tucson. I guess you dance at Irenes and El Parador?

6. volleybgrl

volleybgrl New Member

Whew...my first chance to sit at a computer since the congress! I wanted to give a big thank you to Boriken and Saggita for meeting me on Friday night. Gracias for the dances...they were all lovely, and great apologies for not spending as much time as I wanted to with you guys. I had to support my Boston people (and sit 45 min early) in their performances...woo hoo! I had a brilliant time and meeting you two were just the icing on the cake. :D

7. danceguy

danceguy New Member

And where are the pictures Sagitta? :D

8. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

The pleasure was all ours volleybgrl!! All ours!! Thank you for the dances as well! May there be many more. :D

9. Danish Guy

Danish Guy New Member

Wish I had been able to visit NY.

(Even though the on2 thing added to the skilled lady’s scares me a little too much) :oops:

Sorry about the missing pictures. I will try to bring the camera next time.

10. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

There *is* a picture with both Danish Guy and I in it…although we didn't know each other at the time… :oops:

11. gypsylatina

gypsylatina New Member

Thank you Spitfire! I was wondering how many DFers there are in Tucson... I haven't been here very long. I moved from San Diego earlier this year. I went to Irene's a couple of weeks ago for the first time. I went to just scope out the scene. I only had dinner... I go to San Diego one week out of every month and thats where I usually dance. Only once a month :(

It has been so much fun to look at the pictures and read about the meetings in NY. Hopefully, I will get to meet some of you. You seem to be so much fun. :)

12. SDsalsaguy

Don't forget to let me know the next time you're back in SD gypsylatina!

[I'm actually going to be in FL/PA Sep. 6-19, but otherwise I'd be happy to meet up! :D ]

13. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

Tucson is where I started salsa dancing gypsylatina. I need to make my way back down there just to see how things are. I did happen to dance with a young lady from Tucson when I was at the LA Congress though.

14. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Link?

15. SDsalsaguy

16. Sagitta

And who is Danish guy?

17. danceguy

danceguy New Member

I think he might be from Denmark. Unless his family works for Svenhards...man those are great with a little butter after warming them up on the stove! :p

Danish Guy - Hovsa...hur mar du? :D

Hejdo,

SG

18. Sagitta

Okay -- Which guy in the photo is Danish guy?

19. Danish Guy

Danish Guy New Member

Danish Guy in the white shirt in the background.

(As the text to the image say) :tongue:

20. Sagitta

oops. :oops: Thanks. I've been a little spacey lately. Agreed to do a performance today afternoon and I physically cannot do it as I'm working!! :oops: :?