Salsa > meeting in NYC weekend of salsa congress - 20-22 August

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Sagitta, Aug 15, 2004.

1. gypsylatina

gypsylatina New Member

Do let me know if you make it down here. I'd love to meet you!

SD I'm going to be in San Diego while you are gone in September. :(

Maybe October will be a lucky month. I'm hoping to stay at least through Friday night in October so I could go to one of the places you had mentioned before.

2. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Oh... :(
    I hope that works out... just let me know when you have an idea about dates for October! :D

3. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

If and when you do Youngsta, there's a new place downtown called Sharks which has Salsa on Thursday and Saturday.

Youngsta, when you were here do you recall meeting an attractive middle aged lady named Kirsten when you went out dancing?

4. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

Kirsten? Sounds really familiar. So Sharks is in addition to Irene's and El Parador?

5. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Yes, though I have never been there nor have I been to Irene's.

If you've been out dancing a lot at Irene's and/or El Parador it's quite likely that you have met Kirsten. She's an awesome dancer who use to own her own studio in Wisconsin some years back. She was a regular at the Arizona Ballrooom Co., but she mainly does Salsa now. I last saw her a few weeks ago at the local WCS club dance.

6. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Apparently the photos from the congress are now online. I expect it will be via the website www.nycsalsacongress.com

When I get a chance, I shall be looking at them to see if I spot any DFers getting up to 'no good' :twisted:

7. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

I've had a look but they are all photos of performances/performers -- no party photos :(.