Dancers Anonymous > Member Introductions -- Index

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, May 15, 2004.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

thanks for sharing derek

2. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

DerekWeb, Nice to meet you! And we share the same goal, of knowing a variety of dances, in order to stay on the dance floor. In the 2000's, I took that to an altogether different level, by also dancing club and hip-hop styles. But I digress...

The martial arts training doesn't hurt at all: Bruce Lee was the Cha Cha champion of Hong Kong in his younger days...

3. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

Hi, I'm Amanda. Or you can call me Amy!

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

welcome amanda

5. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

Thank you!

6. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the boards Amy! :D

7. TangoRocks

TangoRocks Member

Ooo, goody, I found an introduction thread!

I guess I should have searched for one, eh? ;)

I've been dancing for about 5.5 years, American Style Ballroom, and I've been making forays into Lindy Hop on and off the last two years. Like Smooth over Latin in general, but I enjoy almost all of the dances except the really "clubby" ones like salsa and bachata. Tango, Bolero, Mambo, Quickstep and Lindy Hop are my favourite dances, although that list tends to get longer every year...

I had zero dance experience before I started ballroom dancing--and I mean if it was possible to have minus dance experience, I'd have had that. In hindsight, I wish I had started earlier but I suppose there is a time and place for everything and it's never too late to start. I wouldn't go so far as saying dancing saved my life, but it sure made my life more enjoyable, interesting, and overall better; it has seen me through stressful days, outsourcing and downsizing and layoffs and unemployment and I can't really think of life without dancing any more. OK, who put me on this soap box and can I get off now? :cool:

8. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

Thanks SDsalsaguy! And big thanks to you, hkk, and DM for helping to get me set up. I've heard lots of great things about Dance Forums!

9. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Welcome, TangoRocks and Amanda. Seems you've already made yourself at home ^^

10. TangoRocks

TangoRocks Member

Thanx Lioness :) Actually, I was checking "new posts" and saw Amanda post in this thread, hence the late discovery, lol... Otherwise I might have become a "Feudal Lord" or something before I noticed there was an intro thread ;)

11. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

Lioness, thank you for the Welcome! And it's friendly people like you that made me feel at home right away! Love you! :)

12. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Amy & Tangorocks - welcome to DF! :D

13. TangoRocks

TangoRocks Member

Thanx flashdance! Happy to be here, great crowd! ;)

14. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

flashdance thank you very much for the warm welcome! :nope:

15. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Hello Amanda, so what do you like to do dance wise?

16. morgrob

morgrob New Member

Hi. Rob here. Finishing up graduate school in the next year with a Phd in chemical engineering. Took up dance lessons with my wife for our first dance like 2 years ago. We mostly do American style, and I really enjoy bolero, swing, cha cha, and rumba. I only am in it for social dancing, so just for fun. Seems like things are a lot nicer here than in the AT forum section, lol. I asked a question about something over there, and received some rather off-putting replies....I will stick with the ballroom and latin people, lol---much friendlier.

17. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Our AT section is quite friendly and tame actually. Compared to AT forums elsewhere. I did read your questions and the response from a few people was direct but not mean or antagonistic really.

But welcome again to Dance Forums and this time to the Ballroom section.

18. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

Spitfire thanks for the welcome! I love American Rhythm most of all, though I also like Smooth and Latin. :)

19. TangoRocks

TangoRocks Member

Welcome to DF, Rob! Ouch, Ph.D in Chem Eng, how do you find the time to dance??? Good luck with that, seriously! I love Bolero, always nice to see others who do as well. Hope you enjoy the forums, the natives ARE really friendly in the ballroom/latin section, lol ;)

20. Laurie

Laurie New Member

Hello Everyone! I'm Laurie.