Dancers Anonymous > Member Introductions -- Index

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, May 15, 2004.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

It's nice to meet you!! :)

2. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Welcome, OreganO! Sounds like you like the fast stuff. :D

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

4. XL_PT

XL_PT Member

Hi everyone. How did I miss this thread? :eek:
    I'm 36 y.o. and I am from Almada, Portugal. Found your forum about a year ago...nice and clean threads, good info, good vibes, seem the right place to be, even being on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean *grins*
    I've started ballroom dancing at 25. Had a "forced pause" of 6 years and returned last year (yes, returned AFTER finding your forum), doing 10 dances. Like Latin but prefer Ballroom. (for the record, my English is better than my dance :D:D:D)

Terpsichorean Clod likes this.
  5. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Well, it may be a little belated if you found us a year ago, but still, welcome to DF! :)

6. XL_PT

XL_PT Member

I have to admit: it is the truth! Too bad, I know...but better to assume it! :D
    Indeed found you a year ago...but wasn't a "frequent flyer" around here. :)

7. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Well a warm welcome still. Looking forward to your contributions via questions and answers to others. :)

8. XL_PT

XL_PT Member

Thanks again, Sagitta.
    I will try to share my (scarce) knowledge with all of you. :)

9. Derek Salsero

Derek Salsero New Member

Hello All, DF community, My name is Derek, I live in Sydney Australia and am a promoter and run my own dance school. Thought I'd come here and introduce myself and see what i can contribute to discussions with my background.

Looking forward to having many passionate discussions. Peace.

10. pygmalion

Hi Derek Salsero! Welcome! :)

Derek Salsero likes this.
  11. tequila

tequila Member

Hello everybody, just realized that there is this introduction thread so sorry, sorry, sorry if I have been rude not to introduce myself before and just started posting...

I'm 30 years old and do competitive ballroom (both standard and latin) in Germany. Although I started out with the "normal" competitions I'm currently mostly competing within the ESSDA (European same sex dancing association) with a very good friend of mine who was looking for a new same sex partner a while back. Will probably try and find a new "dance guy" sometime this year though (especially for latin as we mostly do standard).
    Dancing is pretty much my passion and I've been doing it on and off since I was 16 (the obligatory dance school experience ;) ).

A last thing: you guys have the most amazing community I've ever seen! Usually I'm not much of a FB (no account) and forum type, but you've got me hooked ;) Hope to be able to contribute to DF in the future!

12. pygmalion

Wow! Welcome. It's good to have you here. :)

13. tequila

tequila Member

Thank you :)

14. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

welcome tequila....great username

15. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Ditto... and ditto!! :D

16. Jamal

Jamal New Member

My name is Jamal, and I've been a dancer for about 5 months. I'm not really a salsa, ballroom, or tango dancer. I'm more into Popping, Isolations, and New style.

Anyway, I look forward to posting around. :)

17. pygmalion

Welcome, Jamal. :)

18. TheGunGuy

TheGunGuy New Member

Hi, everyone i'm form Montevallo Alabama. I took ballroom dance lessons in high school for about 3 years, worked 2 years and now i'm in college and i'm taking lessons again.

19. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

welcome TheGunGuy

20. Jamal

Jamal New Member