Dancers Anonymous > Member Introductions -- Index

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, May 15, 2004.

1. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Welcome to df, and we are very glad to have you. :D

2. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Bit about moi :)

Name:paul
    D.O.B. : 6th March 78.
    Sex:Boy
    Proffesion:Computer technician/ISP support
    Other useful info : I make nice swiss rolls and fairy cakes/just started lessons in Tap/tends to dance all the time and annoy my folks :oops: :D

3. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the DF flashdance/Paul! :D

4. Camille

Camille New Member

Hi everybody. i am not exactly "a new member" but i haven't posted much and i intend to become a regular here, so i thought i should introduce myself to you all.

Name:Camille
    D.O.B. : 31 october 1985.
    Sex:female

I havent started dancing yet. I have signed up to take dance lessons at a college in September. There are places nearer that i could join straight away if i had a partner, but i don't so i have to wait to go to a place where a partner isn't necessary. I did buy a dance book...I foolishly thought that i could learn to dance from it; it isnt happening :roll: but atleast i can get an idea of what the dances involve.
    that is me in my avatar. i apoligise in advance if i cracked anyone's computer screens. :p

5. squirrel

squirrel New Member

Welcome to DF, Camille!

6. Sagitta

Welcome camille. I find that videos/DVDs are better tools for learning to dance then books as I can see how the moves are being done.

7. Killer_Thriller

Killer_Thriller New Member

Alrighty, a bit about moi...

My name is Theresa, and I'm a senior in High School. I've been taking dance for 9 years now (not consecutively though) Currently I take Ballet, Tap, and Jazz. We also have been learning some dances such as the Mambo, Cha Cha, Waltz, and Jitterbug. I love to dance. I also love music... I play the electric guitar and I love to sing.... Um... that's about it!

8. Pathological Dancer

Pathological Dancer New Member

Hi Camille! Welcome to our cozy little corner. Your name and place sounds royal. You are not the Duchess of Cornwall, are you? You'll never be a queen here since we already have one, MamboQueen. Don't worry you'll still get the royal treatment. *lol*

9. Mahlisa

Mahlisa New Member

I've been dancing all of my life, and have an online Modern Bellydance Accessory business that I created due to the lack of Bellydance accessories available to performers, students and teachers of this artform.

I don't know how many times I have walked into a dance-specialty shop and could find items for any other dancer, but nothing for us, and it just annoyed me and drove me to the point of creating my own line.

Keep On Dancin',
    Mahlisa

10. lynn

lynn New Member

Welcome to DF, Mahlisa!!

11. Mahlisa

Mahlisa New Member

Thanks!

12. sonus

sonus New Member

Hello, I'm Kris. I decided to join and share my experiences with others who might be interested in improving the quality of pre-recorded audio used in performance. Now that digital audio has taken the field by storm, it is relatively easy and inexpensive to have "killer" sound on a shoestring budget. I have worked with dance and theater related audio for over a decade, and am happy to discuss related issues with anyone concerned...

13. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Welcome to DF, sonus! I'm a music and recording guy too. Been involved in music making in some form or another since I was about 17. Feel free to start a thread on Dancers Anonymous for any audio-related topics you care to discuss, and I'll be there.

14. terremoto

terremoto New Member

Hi, I'm relatively new to Dance Forums and I was browsing around at all the postings and found this one so I thought I would introduce myself. I live in portland, Oregon. I spend most of my time salsa dancing, but I also do some East Coast swing. My other hobbies include snowboarding, kiteboarding, and mountainbiking. I'm a total adrenaline junky :p and I joined Dance Forums to get other people's opinions and perspectives on dance!!

15. jschaab

jschaab New Member

Hi! I just started lurking around here the other day and figured I'd introduce myself here. My name is Jon, I'm 28, live in Dallas, and started ballroom dancing in February of last year. I also dance a little (emphasis on little) Lindy.

16. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the DF Jon/jschaab! :D

17. terremoto

terremoto New Member

Welcome to dance forums Jon!

And SD - what? I don't get a welcome - no love from SD? What is this forum coming to :p

18. classicalwolfy

classicalwolfy New Member

Hey guys...im new here? Lol, yes. I've been dancing for about 8 years, but just started ballroom about 2 or 3 years ago. I love it! haha, this site looks like it has some really experienced people on it...^^

19. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

welcome to the forums classicalwolfy

20. Sagitta

welcome. :)

What sort of dance were you doing before you started ballroom.