Dancers Anonymous > Member Introductions -- Index

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, May 15, 2004.

1. DancinAnne

DancinAnne New Member

Hello... I'm new to the forum (as of yesterday) and just found this thread. Thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 42 and began dancing about a year and a half ago. I quickly became addicted and am dedicated to dance as often as possible and learn as much as I can. Anyway, I did some competitions last year, pro ams, couples and jack and jills, and had such a great time. Even came home with a few trophies and $$ too! Planning even more events this year, along with my continuing dance education. I also love social dancing.

In addition to dancing, I am an assistant yoga instructor, but dance kinda took over this hobby. I have my pilots license and I love travel and adventure. I work as a graphic designer and just recently married the most wonderful man and dance partner in the world!

2. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Welcome tot he DF DancinAnne! :D

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yes, welcome

4. katq

katq New Member

Hi, everyone. I'm also a newbie.

5. tj

tj New Member

Welcome to DF, katq!

6. ladycrim

ladycrim New Member

Mind if I cut in?

Hi, all!

I've just taken up swing and ballroom dancing a couple of months ago, and I absolutely love it! I started with Lindy Hop lessons, and general Ballroom/Latin followed 3 weeks later. My current goal is to learn each dance to the point where I can competently follow a lead for any of them. (I hate having to sit out!) I've recently started concentrating on Samba and Rumba, and am trying to get the basic Viennese Waltz move down without tangling up my feet.

Medira recommended this forum to me (I wrote the "Green Eggs and Ham" parody in the 'Fun Stuff' folder). Nice to be here!

7. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Welcome! I read what you wrote, and that was so good! Very cute! You have talent! ;)

8. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

Welcome, ladycrim! I also enjoyed your "Green Eggs" piece.

9. Medira

Medira New Member

Yay! You made it! :D Welcome to DF. Thanks again for letting me post your poem...it's so well done and has kept me giggling throughout the work day.

I hope you like it here. Feel free to jump right in and make yourself at home. :)

10. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Welcome ladycrim!!! I too enjoyed "Green Eggs and Ham."

11. *walks in...a bit new here innit*

12. basicarita

basicarita Member

Hello, lovely people -- after lurking for about a year -- to get a handle on all the fabulous personalities -- I thought I'd finally say hi. So hi.

Also, I'm in NYC and wanted to let people know that Midsummer Night Swing in Lincoln Center is early this year, and I thought I'd post that in the events thread.

13. latingal

latingal Well-Known Member

Welcome to DF basicarita! Glad you are now participating on the forums (lurking is nice, but we like to talk to you all)! Hope to see you more around the boards!

14. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Hi there basicarita. welcome! its amazing how quickly the posts add up once you get started. Pretty soon you will look like one of us (for better or worse!!)

15. basicarita

basicarita Member

Hee hee. latingal and elisedance, thank you so much for making me feel welcome.

16. DancingJew

DancingJew New Member

Woops, forgot to post in here. Hi, I am DancingJew (My nickname to my friends). I have been here for a week and I love it here. I love dancing like everyone else and I hope everyone has luck in Dancing.:peace:

Standard or Latin, that is the question (I take both!).

17. samina

samina Well-Known Member

welcome, DJ!

18. liz

liz New Member

WELCOME!!!! Hope to see you all more.

19. MissBallroomBear

MissBallroomBear Active Member

I started to participate in random threads before I introduced myself..:oops:
    You've probably already worked out that my name's Claire. I'm 13 and I've only been dancing for about a year but I absolutely love it! I live in Australia and I think this is a U.S. site so I'm feeling a bit alienated.:shock:

I look forward to getting to know all of you.

20. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Well-Known Member

I think meow and some other DFers might have something to say about that... ;)

Welcome to DF, Claire!