Dancers Anonymous > Member Introductions -- Index

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, May 15, 2004.

1. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Well-Known Member

Welcome to Dance Forums, Nightshadow! I hope you're staying indoors and dancing as much as you can. :)

2. Ciel_Rouge

Ciel_Rouge New Member

Hi all,

I got fascinated with tango when I watched Shall We Dance about one year ago and the passion came back strong - this time I am trying to learn how to dance myself. I mainly focus on tango but also waltz and paso doble. I am very happy I found this forum and decided to join after a few days of lurking.

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

Welcome!!!!!!!

4. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Welcome, CR!

5. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to DF CR! :cheers:

6. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

tango disease virus

that means an incubation period of one year, for the ATDV (argentine tango disease virus) :p

7. The Trippmeister

The Trippmeister New Member

Howdy folks!

Was poking around on Google a couple weeks back and landed here; then I decided to join up. I s'pose I should introduce myself, so here goes...

I started dancing just over a year ago when I joined my school's Swing Dance Club. I do East Coast and Lindy Hop and in theory I "know" Charleston, but I can never seem to pull it off in practice ;). Anyway, what did my Swing Club do but go and elect me President for this year (mainly because almost all of our experienced members have graduated), so now I'm spending tons of time trying to get our membership numbers back to decent levels. I'm also in our Social Dance Club and want to learn Tango (both American Ballroom and Argentine).

What else? Other than dancing, I do math (I'm a math major), music, theatre, art, reading, 'riting, 'rithmetic, some computer programming (not yet skilled enough to do anything advanced, but I'm working on it!)

Not sure what else to say... though I have been looking around the profile edit settings and can't find how to edit my signature... can someone enlighten me?

I'll stop babbling now ;).

8. Nybz

Nybz New Member

Don't think I know enough about the sigs to help you, but Welcome to DF's The Trippmeister

9. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Well-Known Member

Welcome, The Trippmeister! New members are not allowed to have signatures. So just stick around, keep contributing. You'll have a sig eventually. :)

10. BallroomFanatic

BallroomFanatic New Member

Hello everyone. Nice to find this forum.

I am a ballroom dancer in the northeast of the USA. I have been dancing for a few years and eventually will compete.

11. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to DF BallroomFanatic! :D

12. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

Welcome to the DF. You will find here a wealth of information from those wishing to help, as well as just plain old good camaraderie and fun. See you on the boards.

13. Eliska

Eliska New Member

Just recently joined and am still reading through a lot of the threads :) I've been dancing since I was 3, have not competed in awhile but have a new partner and we are working on our open latin routines.... so hopefully we will be back out there soon!

14. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Hi Eliska, oh and welcome to the cake group too! :lol:

15. Eliska

Eliska New Member

Thanks... I am obsessed with baking (and of course sampling) so I figured I would join ;)

16. Kits

Kits New Member

Yay I finally found the Introduction thread. :D heh...
    Anyways Hi Im Kristin (Kits is my nickname) Im from Orlando Fl and I just started taking ballroom dancing about a month ago. I like to bake, cook, stay organized, sew, watch anime, go to Japanese comic conventions and attend dance parties. Nice to meet you all :)

17. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Again, Welcome, Kits!!! I have found this place to be a great resource--and also just plain FUN!!!
    :banana:

18. latingal

latingal Well-Known Member

Glad you found it Kits...I thought it was hiding out in Dancers Anonymous or something like that.

TC is much better at finding (and remembering) where these things are. Oh and if you haven't met DF's famous TC (Terpsichorean Clod), I'm sure you'll run into him along the way at some point!

19. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Hi Kits, welcome to DF :)

20. DerekWeb

DerekWeb Well-Known Member

I just realized that I never introduced myself, although I have over 30 posts. Sorry to be so rude.

I have been dancing for about 4 years. I started dancing to keep DW happy. Yes, one of those eyes-glazed-over guys in the class clueless about where his feet were! After a year of leader's beginners hell, I really started to enjoy dancing. Now I just love it!

Where I reside (Central Jersey), we are lucky to have a wide variety of studios, dancing organizations and universities that hold socials as well as excellent instructors in all styles. I dance most dances at bronze level. My goal is to not have to sit out any dance, so I am an intermediate beginner at Waltz, American and Intl Fox, VW, American Tango, QS, Argentine Tango, Samba, Salsa, Cha, ECS, WCS, Hustle (3 count, 4 count Hustle is very uncool in the East)

I have no innate talent for dance, except for musicality. I can pick out the 1, syncopate, double time, cut time, whatever, without thinking about it. I am a social dancer and my technique only improves by accident! I spent many years in my youth learning Chinese martial arts the old fashioned way -technique, technique, technique. I do not wish to do that again, so I dance for fun. We have made many good friends through our dancing and continue to do so.