Dance Articles > Men “don’t feel as awkward” dancing thanks to Emmitt Smith

Discussion in 'Dance Articles' started by Beto, Jan 22, 2007.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

skip the chocolate and you're on...(lol, that is in no way disparaging chocolate lovers as silly)

2. fascination

meh, you could have a point there caitey...I am in mostly with the golfing types

3. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

I'd be delighted if someone gave me figs--fresh figs! You just can't get them in Wisconsin.

4. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Hmmm ... perhaps figs could be more romantic then I first was feeling. :raisebro:

5. fascination

ah yes, BUT...where else can you get such excellent cranberry wine and salami cheddar cheese...swoon

6. fascination

:doh: here we go again

7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

hey... remember adam & his leaf... worked for him! ;)

8. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Perhaps that had more to do with him being the only man available? :wink:

9. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

to quote Fascination, *swoon*

10. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

I've never even tried finding these elsewhere. Can you find, say, smoked cranberry cheddar or some of those other fanciful combinations outside WI? Maybe California, what with their happy cows and all.

11. fascination

meh, fig, tailsuit with number...same thing....ya can always tell

12. fascination

mmm and peppercorn gouda...ecstasy:cool:

13. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

That's why you need to drug him before dragging him onto the dance floor. Sure, he'll be kicking and screaming on the dance floor when he wakes up. But if you're lucky, he'll wake up when a Swing is playing. ;)

14. DancePoet

:kissme:

15. DancePoet

So much to say, but really not the place. ;) :lol:

16. DancePoet

I've got a soft spot for those mid-west gals :raisebro:, ... and getting back on topic ... I don't feel awkward about getting onto a dance floor either. ;)

17. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

How about when you first started?

18. SlowDancer

SlowDancer New Member

Actually, my DH is more the Latin type...I could definitely see him in sexy tight black pants and Latin shoes...and every time I tell him that I can picture him in such attire (it's kind of a standing joke), he laughs his a** off...

The article should really strike a chord with DH, though, because it was written about guys like him, old school macho types who secretly, or not so secretly, believe that there has to be something wrong with a guy who really wants to dance. My husband watched Dancing with the Stars and we rooted for Emmit together, but it still wasn't enough to convince him to give it a try.

I think there are all kinds of reasons why some guys just don't wanna dance. Most men fear looking ridiculous above all else, and my husband definitely fits into this category. He would have a very hard time going through the inevitable awkward phase everyone has to go through to become a dancer.

19. fascination

IMO...this is why the tailsuit covers it...it is hard for a man to look like a fool in a tailsuit...not impossible, but very hard...funny my dh is such the lawyer an nerd , he's not be caught dead in latin clothes...actually dancing latin WOULD probably kill him

20. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

So maybe he should dance Latin in a tailsuit. That way after Latin killed him, he would be caught dead in a tailsuit. :D