Dance Ads > MidSummer Night Swing in NYC

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by JohnK, Apr 24, 2004.

1. JohnK

JohnK New Member

Just an FYI for those of you within reach of New York City near the end of June:

Lincoln Center puts on a series of dances outdoors in its courtyard every summer known as "MidSummer Night Swing". Huge dance floor under the stars (weather permitting). Different dance emphasis each night, live band, lessons early on. Last year they held it in late July, kinda hot, but delightful when the sun goes down. This year it's a little earlier in the season.

I was there last year as a rank newbie, but had a blast; half the fun is the incredible variety of dancers, from ballerinas just out of their toe shoes to spry old gents from the Apollo's glory days, and everything in between. Highly recommended! Check it out here:

http://www.lincolncenter.com/search...754-451B-AABA-33AB17928C1E&version=&ws=&bc=99

2. etchuck

etchuck New Member

I couldn't believe that the one summer (June 2002) that I was working in NYC I missed hearing about it. It would have made my summer even more fun than it was. Gosh darn it.

3. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Quite a few names that I recognize on the list. Should be good. JohnK, what is the plaza surface like?

They should have made all the dances on the weekends. Then I could choose the ones I want to go to!! I should have gone to the latin dance yesterday night to see what Pagode and some of the other dances are all about! [shrug]

4. JohnK

JohnK New Member

Sagitta, they put up a portable dance floor, something like 50 ft square. Surface is painted plywood risers, not the best, but definitely danceable.

5. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

For something like that I'm not complaining. Much better then paved stones, tarmac, concrete....[shudder]

Thanks. Now I'm definitely going to try and make some of the weekends up there.