General Dance Discussion > Military Ball

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Jade813, Feb 3, 2006.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

well I dont like it anywhere else but I love it in cherries garcia

2. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

What, no Dr. Seuss rhyming?

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I was tempted, Sam I Am. *giggle*

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

what good is temptation if one never gives in? (JUST KIDDING)

5. Jade813

Jade813 New Member

Hey all,

I just wanted to say thanks for the advice offered. :) Turns out there was nothing to worry about, the dancing was more wedding-ish than anything as it was done by a DJ. It wasn't quite as formal as I was anticipating, but it was fun.

Thanks again,
    Stephanie

6. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Yay! I'm glad you had a good time. :D

7. kansas49er

kansas49er New Member

Gee, I thought you were perfect till now. Sigh. Another fantasy lost

8. just one question

just one question New Member

hey, quick question here, my boyfriend invited me to his military ball, he is in the navy. i was wondering if i had to bring any paperwork with me or if he had to fill out any specific paper work because i will be his guest/date. this is his first military ball and i just want to know.

cornutt likes this.
  9. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Is the event on base? If so, you will likely need some kind of pass to get through the gate. Your boyfriend should ask his CO or unit XO if he doesn't know the procedure for getting a pass for a visitor. When you go pick it up, you will need to show a driver's license or some other form of government-issued photo ID.

If the event is not on base, no ID or pass is normally required. Ask your boyfriend if it's necessary to buy a ticket.

Larinda McRaven likes this.
  10. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

This. You should have nothing to worry about, since it is a formal function, even if it is on base. If it is off base you won't need anything special. If it is on base you *may* need an enhanced driver's license or passport, but chances are you won't even need that if you travel together.