Ballroom Dance > Videos > millenium dancesport championships 2009 (juvenile competition)

Discussion in 'Videos' started by HoustonBoydancersmom, Oct 29, 2009.

1. millenium dancesport championships 2009 (juvenile competition).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kjZQOWR8xI

My son is #214

2. latingal

latingal Well-Known Member

Welcome to DF HoustonBoydancersmom! (wow that's a mouthful!)

I inactivated the link in your post (our members can paste it into their browser lines); our new member standards do not allow active links until members have participated on the forums for a while.

But again, welcome!

latingal - moderator

3. dlgodud

dlgodud Active Member

Welcome to DF! Is that your son and Luis on the picture? Nice!!!:D

4. Yes it is. He choreographed my son's paso doble. He is such a great teacher!

5. Thank you so much!

6. dlgodud

dlgodud Active Member

Wow! That's great!!! I would like to take a lesson from him when I have a chance.

7. Glasswren

Glasswren New Member

That was great to watch. Thank you.

We don't get to see that kind of dancing from kids here, because of the rules restrictions. At least not in competitons, showcases maybe. This validates the point of those parents with quickly advancing children wanting them not to be held back simply by their age. (No, not talking of my daughter here.)

8. latingal

latingal Well-Known Member

Enjoyed the video of the jive and also took a quick look at the samba and paso. Your son is talented, hopefully he will keep dancing!

The competition was interesting, some of the couples look a bit mismatched in age and height. Was this one of those competition where older boys would partner un-partnered girls?

9. contracheck

contracheck New Member

Very good. The girl is also excellent. Did they win?

10. They were the only ones in that age bracket and level. Thank you for your comment.

11. No they danced with there own partners. Thank you for the compliment . He has been dancing since he was 4 yrs old. He truly loves it.