Tango Argentino > "milonguero" website

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by Zoopsia59, Jan 18, 2012.

1. newbie

newbie Well-Known Member

Updated my sig. Created one actually.

Edit: I cannot see it. Can you? It should display "V-embrace".

2. chanchan

chanchan Member

The capability to do social dance, with good connection, following the music, respecting other couples, and without the need to show up.
    If you are able to do sacadas or ganchos, but you can dance even without them and you avoid those steps in situations when they are dangerous, you can be considered a milonguero/a.
    It seems that in this forum we didn't reach any common agreement about what nuevo or neotango is. Anyway, if by "dances only OE neotango" you mean someone who has an obsessive-compulsive need to do ganchos, even in crowded milongas, the answer is NO.
    I known some followers who explicitly told me the prefer OE, but when there is no space they have no problem to strictly dance CE and "little": I think they can well be considered milongueras.
    Music is just a matter of personal preferences. Some music is more difficult than other, but this is another issue.

3. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Easy: open, closed, parallel embrace, V-embrace, Canyengue embrace, apilado, salon, nuevo, to the most traditional of traditional music, to contemporary arrangemnts of traditional music, to electronic tango music, to anything else that catches my fancy. I dance all of it. It depends on the leader, the venue, the music, my mood, his mood, available space, clothing, and a host of other things.

And that helps anything around here...how, exactly?

4. Subliminal

Subliminal Well-Known Member

I dance open nuevo to west-coast rap. I use ballroom acceleration to ensure I clear the widest path on the milonga floor to express myself. I could put all this in my sig if you want so you know my current stance on tango.

5. JohnEm

JohnEm Well-Known Member

Quite Peaches, very rarely do you help anything around here.

And if you reread my post, what I've said about followers is that
    many/most don't care about the things obsessed about here, their aim is,
    as yours is, to dance with any man whatever the style. That however
    seems to be easier in BsAs than abroad as generally the range is more
    usually restricted to that of individuals within the one broad style of salon.

However my point was in the context of writing on here and descriptions
    of technique are pointless without an explanation of context.
    The point, when originally made and now, is about clarity.

6. dchester

dchester Moderator Staff Member

That's because many (if not most) of us are quite capable of doing more than one (if not all) of the things you listed. It depends on the song, the follower, and the venue, as to which one we might be utilizing.

7. AndaBien

AndaBien Well-Known Member

From my earlier post, I was trying to say that things are only monophyletic when humans say they are, or aren't. I don't care. If I talk about mushrooms, or milongueros, and a person understands me, I'm satisfied.

8. dchester

dchester Moderator Staff Member

Frankly, your inflammatory/trolling posts are getting rather tired, IMO.

Out of respect to the MODs, I'll stop here (under the hope that they will deal with you).

9. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

hear, hear,

AND totally off topic, I like my mushrooms fried.

AND, no mention of the forehead to forehead only connection...

10. bordertangoman

hey! you dissin ma bitch? ;)

11. AndaBien

AndaBien Well-Known Member

I like my milongueras steamy.

12. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

*snort*choke* Bwahahaha!!!

13. bordertangoman

lol

:D

14. Zoopsia59

Zoopsia59 Well-Known Member

Well, it defines you as a milonguera I think. ;)

15. Zoopsia59

She answered your question AND you basically approved of her answer as proving a point you wanted to make, yet you make a personal slam anyway.

I think that qualifies as a TOS.

I answered the suggestion with respect and consideration, pointing out why perhaps your idea wasn't feasible, and you didn't respond at all.

So I question just who is the unhelpful one around here.

16. Zoopsia59

But if these individual styles are all just invalid labels, and it's all really salon, then salon is what we should all claim to be dancing.

I don't think that would clarify much.

17. bordertangoman

I dance salonguero....

salon is a derogatory term IMO used by the Trad Snobs in condescending remarks to neo dancers "Oh your salon is so much better than it used to be."

18. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

the rhetoric on this thread will cool down or persons showing disrespect as percieved by staff will recieve consequences...one may state their view that they find a particular point of view to be of no personal value ...but they may not categorically besmirch the value of a longstanding member as an objective universal fact...

this is not up for debate in the public forum and won't be repeated

19. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

Surprised: is there a private one, too, or do you mean a discussion by PMs?

20. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

the staff mailbox...and, to clarify, my post is a response to a request that mods look at this thread...but all further questions can go there...thanks