Tango Argentino > Videos > Miriam Larici & Hugo Patyn

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Ampster, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Ampster

Ampster Active Member

Hugo Patyn & Miriam Larici. They are part of the original broadway cast of Forever Tango. Miriam is actually the girl on the cover of the Forever Tango soundtrack (seen posing in front of the giant bandoneon).
    [​IMG]

They are good friends of mine, and shown here dancing at my teacher's studio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMvjDZRIgrk

P.S. I even danced with her a few times. THAT was an experience worth savoring.

2. samina

samina Well-Known Member

very nice! thoroughly enjoyed their performance. :D

3. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

kool.....:smile:

4. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Wow, very very nice.

Improvised, do you know?

5. Ampster

Ampster Active Member

Improvised. The audience asked for the type of Tango, and Sonny (my teacher), chose the music right before they began.

6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

wow, that blows me mind that this is improvised.

i also noticed that her shoes periodically slid along the floor, that they didn't grip well. am amazed how confidently she danced... being slippery makes me feel like i'm dancing on marbles and i start to get too conservative.

i guess she worked her balance masterfully.

7. Ampster

Ampster Active Member

Miriam, Hugo and I were talking after their set of performances (they did a Tango, Vals & Milonga). She wore hard rubber sole dance shoes that evening. Normally, she has these "sticky" things she puts on the soles for grip. She forgot them that evening. She said that they felt it, and just compensated by doing things "Slower." ;)

8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

well, i am very impressed with how courageously she danced, considering that. good for her...