Swing Discussion Boards > Modern Jive in New York

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by lily, Feb 18, 2005.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Very cool. 8) :D

2. lily

lily Member

Hi Barbara,

I am definitely still interested in finding Modern Jivers in NY! Where do you go dancing here? The only place I have been able to find is the monthly party that I help to organize!

Lily

3. leftfeetnyc

leftfeetnyc New Member

Us WCSers in NYC still want to learn Rock N' Roll sometime Lily! You'll have to let us know when your partner comes to town..

And Barbara, we'd love to learn some Ceroc too if anyone might be interested in teaching a small class.

4. lily

lily Member

My French dance partner should be here in NY from Friday 26 July for 2 weeks. We will be going to the ModernJiveNY party on Saturday 27 July if anyone wants to come along and I'm hoping to take him out dancing many times during the 2 weeks! We'll probably go to Hustle and WCS parties as it's the right sort of music to R 'n' R to.

If you're interested in learning Modern Jive / Ceroc, we are hoping to start weekly classes soon :D

5. Isley

Isley New Member

Hi Lily,

I wonder if you had any luck finding any venues for modern jive in New York.I am a fellow Brit,and I may be visiting NYC in 2 to 3 weeks time. I primarily modern jive, but can do Rock n Roll, as well as a bit of Lindy.

Id heard that CEROC had started up in New York, a few years ago, do you know if its caught on?

If you are active on the scene,could you recommend some jive venues. I'd appreciate it.

Cheers.

Frank

6. lily

lily Member

Hi Frank,

The only Modern Jive event in NY closed down last year, so with a small group of friends we started organizing monthly Modern Jive parties. At the moment we are the only Modern Jive venue in NY, however if you want to go Swing/Lindy Hop dancing, you have a huge choice of venues.

I'm going to PM you with more info :)

Lily

7. ijiveucrazy

ijiveucrazy New Member

Hi Lily my name is Joseph (38), visiting New York from Sydney, Australia. I am a Modern Jive dancer, looking for some one to dance modern Jive. Would you be interested to meet for few casual dance? Or would you please redirect me with some info. where I can find modern-jivers. Looking forward to hearing from you.