Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Monaco, O'Hurley: "Dancing" Rematch!

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Merrylegs, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

From Yahoo! TV 8/19/05

For the whole article:
    http://tv.yahoo.com/news/eo/20050818/112442130000.html

And so the dance-off: The Monaco and O'Hurley teams will compete in Latin, ballroom and freestyle. The 90-minute special will be filled out with "dance demonstrations" by: Ashly Delgrosso, Joey McIntyre's former partner; Jonathan Roberts, Rachel Hunter's ringer; Edyta Sliwinska, survivor of Evander Holyfield's moves; and, Louis van Amstel, Trista Sutter's harsh taskmaster.

Kelly Monaco and John O'Hurley will return to the Dancing with the Stars ballroom for a so-called "dance-off" on Sept. 20, ABC announced Thursday. The results, based solely on viewer voting, will be announced in a Sept. 22 telecast.

The results show, airing two nights later, will be kept to a relatively spare 30 minutes.

2. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

Can wait to see that :?

3. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

And so it goes... :roll:

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Oy! :doh: :lol:

I'll be there with my recorder set, though, cheesy premise or not. :? :lol:

5. tanz15

tanz15 New Member

Ugh. It has come to pass.

6. pygmalion

Sad, isn't it?

7. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Yep. But it's kinda like a train wreck. You gotta watch. :?

8. pygmalion

lol. And then come back to DF and dish up the scathing remarks for weeks on end. Not that I have any plans of doing that, mind you. :roll: :lol:

What was that remark in Laura's thread? Something about bouncing boobies always winning in the end? If the results are solely based on viewer voting, I see very little possibility that the results will be different, this time around. Little missy has it all sewn up -- faithful soap fans and the male libido make a powerful combination. :?

9. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Nahhh...they'll rig it for John to win this time, and then, have to do a 2 out of 3....all for the sake of ratings. :lol:

10. pygmalion

:lol: :lol: If so, what's the probability that the final show won't be during the November sweeps? Approaching zero, is my guess. :wink:

11. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

The funniest thing about this: I've been a fan of General Hospital since high school and now they have Kelly's character involved in a storyline that has her... you guessed it, ballroom dancing! It is so hilarious and such an obvious plot device that I was embarassed to watch it the first time they showed it. But it's now been a few shows that they either mentioned ballroom dancing or showed her do it and the whole storyline that prompted the scenes is utterly inane and it came out of nowhere!

12. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

It would stand to reason General Hospital would make the most of Kelly's sudden fame.

13. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

Yeah, except they are not advertising it as such anywhere so the only people who are watching this mess are the people who watch the show anyway and are forced to groan through these scenes... :oops:

14. alemana

alemana New Member

personally i'lm happy that people in this country are even minutely interested in ballroom dancing.

15. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

And if you watch like I do, it will be good -- Just "mute" until the actual dancing comes on. (Those back stage interviews are just awful!)

16. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Nah, I want the whole experience, sorry interviews and all.

17. Medira

Medira New Member

Wow...I couldn't see this coming. Not. At. All.

/sarcasm

Of course, I'll be taping it. :p

18. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

LMAO Medira....yes, a complete and utter (or since Kelly's involved, "udder") surprise.

I used to watch GH many, many years ago. I'm sure most of the people on it back then are no longer with us, but just for the heck of it, who is left of the Quatermaine family???

19. Egoist

Egoist Member

Is Ashly Delgrosso dancing alone? Who's her partner these days? Is she not dancing with Rick Robinson any more?

20. Medira

Medira New Member

I would assume that they would pair up the four pros they've got for the demos, as opposed to paying to bring in other dancers. So either Ashly Delgrosso/Jonathan Robers and Edyta Sliwinska/Louis Van Amstel or Ashly/Louis and Edyta/Jonathan. It just makes sense...