Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Monaco, O'Hurley: "Dancing" Rematch!

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Merrylegs, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Laura

Laura New Member

She hasn't been dancing with Rick for a while.

2. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

One thing that really bothered me about the interviews was that they never would let the professional dancers speak. The celebs got to answer all the questions "How do you think your routine went?" and the dancers had to stand by and just smile. I think they would have had something to say, too!

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Oh my word. You brought back memories. I haven't watched a soap since my senior year in high school, a heck of a long time ago. Are there still Quartermaines? Heavens! Some things change, but some will always stay the same. :lol:

4. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Well, it makes one feel really old if people now watching the show haven't heard of some of the characters. I assume Bobbi Spencer is still on the show. She should get a GH Lifetime Achievement Award. Remember the whole Luke & Laura "at the disco" thing??!!! Every time I hear that song...

5. pygmalion

Loved it. The Luke and Laura saga got me to hightail it home from school every day. No wonder my mom encouraged my watching it. She never had to wonder where I was -- in the family room, anxiously watching for every new development. I knew it was love, from the very beginning. :lol: :lol:

6. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Another intrerestting tib-bit...

ABC, which hosts the show "Trading Spouses" will be taping an episode where one of the families that trade away the Mom will be a Ballroom family. They have been scouting to try to find the right dancing couple with dancing kids.

ABC contacted one of our sponsors, who in turn called us to see who we could think of. We definitley put in our two cents on who we would like to see in that sitation. It should be a fun episode!

7. africana

africana New Member

meow! watch the cat paws come out (ugh ladies :roll: )

8. macha

macha New Member

ROFLMAO! Look at you folks :lol: :p

Now don't lie- before you even set foot on a dance floor, back when you were in the "still dreamin'" phase, you'd have LOVED to watch this! I unabashedly used to sneak a portable black and white TV into my bedroom when I was little, just so I could watch the PBS ballroom series through the "snow" with the sound turned down, THEN go out in the back yard around the side of the house where there were no windows, and "practice". I have as many "dance movies" as I can possibly find through ebay and bargain bin surfing, and I have Paul Bottomer, Victor Silvester, and at least two other authors stacked up right next to me.

"How far we've come above our raisin's", eh? Too good to watch a little "camp"?

Well, I'm still a lowly little wannabe, so I personally LIKE watching these things, because I'm not smart enough to know what all you guys do in your infinite wisdom :p

I'm voting for O'Hurley, even though I thought Monaco skanked it up JUST enough to be fun :lol:

Sure, whatever they do might suck by "professional competitor" standards, but have professionals forgotten what FUN is? Do they still stop and answer dumb newbie questions (without charging by the hour), and chat politely for a second?

You might not like how these shows are made, BUT you have to admit they're kinda fun, AND when people say "what's he doing? Oh, that looks like fun! Let's go try it"... you've just gotten yourself another ballroom couple who will take lessons, pour money into this industry, and make friends in it, and keep it going and flourishing.....

... and maybe even compete if they can break the news to their partner that they're morbidly curious about it, and they have six months to train up so get started with those big boatfeet NOW! :shock:

:D :D :D

9. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Camp or not, I am looking foward to this! It IS fun to watch, even to laugh at.

10. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

Most of the Quartermaines are still on the show, Alan, Monica, Edward (played by someone else), Ned (who's hardly on, although his and Lois' daughter is on a lot), Tracy. Jason is no longer a Quartermaine after his memory-losing accident almost 10 years ago but is involved with Sam, played by Kelly Monaco (I had to bring up ballroom somehow)... Of the oldies, Bobbi is still on but hardly ever "on" the screen. Luke is on (although not lately cause the actor goes on these two months vacations every August/Sept.) but Laura isn't. Any other updates you need? :lol:

11. pygmalion

Yep. Like I thought. Some things never change. 8) :D

12. pygmalion

Good points about the lame-o dancing shows, macha. You're absotively right. Before I started dancing, these folks (with the exception of Evander) would probably have looked great to me. 8) And, like you said, anything that brings positive attention to ballroom is a good thing, IMO.

On the sotto voce comments, I have one suggestion. Take a look at the stickies at the top of the ballroom forum. I'm pretty sure there's a collection of threads for new competitors there that may help you decide what direction you want to take. 8)

13. discovery

discovery New Member

Amen and amen.

14. pygmalion

I was wondering what you'd say about this, discovery. 8) I knew for sure you'd have a say. :D