Dancers Anonymous > More Precious than a Gem

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SDsalsaguy, Oct 27, 2003.

1. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

A wise woman who was traveling in the mountains found a precious stone in a stream. The next day she met another traveler who was hungry, and the wise woman opened her bag to share her food. The hungry traveler saw the precious stone and asked the woman to give it to him. She did so without hesitation. The traveler left, rejoicing in his good fortune. He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime.

But a few days later he came back to return the stone to the wise woman. “I’ve been thinking,” he said, “I know how valuable the stone is, but I give it back in the hope that you can give me something even more precious. Please share with me what you have within you that enabled you to give me the stone.”

—Unknown

2. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Thank you so much for that!
    I really, truly appreciate that and I want to remember it for a long time.

i was teaching a couple tonigh. They get along so well together and have been married for a long time. I asked them how they do it. They said they always put the other first and even make a competition to see who can be more giving toward the other.

3. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

delightful!! If only we could all find someone to compete with! ;)

4. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

What an inspiration!

5. SDsalsaguy

Yes, it had me reflecting for several hours when I first came across it... which is exactly why I decided it needed to be shared.

6. MadamSamba

MadamSamba Member

Thanks, SD. That's absolutely wonderful! :) I'll remember that for a long, long time!

7. SDsalsaguy

My pleasure MadamSamba!

I hope I can keep it as much in mind as I'd like to myself...