General Dance Discussion > .....my instructor just quit.......

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Fretful_Porpentine, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Fretful_Porpentine

Fretful_Porpentine New Member

without telling me. I'm devestated...and I don't know what to do... :cry: :cry: :cry:

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

omg I feel your pain...I would be shattered...but ...well not buts...I just feel your pain and would be shattered...hug hug hug...come party with me next weekend

3. Fretful_Porpentine

....I can't survive an entire week without dance! I need a new instructor pronto....

4. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Is he teaching elsewhere?

5. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

So, who else is there in your area?

6. fascination

there are others....thats the spirit man...he was great but he wasnt the dance was he? that is what is truly indespenable

7. Fretful_Porpentine

No.....he has too much work with his other job, so he's quit teaching altogether. Otherwise I'd change studios.

And I don't even know who else is in my area! I didn't do the whole "shopping" thing when I first started because I had a gift certificate. So now I'm kind of confused. Anyone know any good teachers in the Indianapolis area?

And no....he's not worth giving up dance completely. He was just such a good teacher. :(

8. fascination

well isnt rauno (i)elo in indy? I'd look wherever he is first...

9. Fretful_Porpentine

Ok, I just googled him. Amazing creds. I want to make sure he's a good teacher, though, not just a good dancer.

10. A shame he didn't say goodbye. But, maybe that's the studio's policy, to prevent the students from following them?

It's hard to breakaway from your (first?) instructor(s). Look at it as an opportunity to grow.

11. Fretful_Porpentine

12. Laura

Laura New Member

Ilo is great, as is Gert Roselender (I think that's how you spell it). Also, isn't Erminio Stefano in Indy?

13. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

btdt. It felt like a betrayal, to me. :( It gets better, though. Honestly. It gets better.

I think that's kinda what sucks about some dance studios. They try to make you feel comfortable about dance by building a rapport with your teacher -- one specific teacher. But if your teacher leaves unexpectedly, you just feel betrayed and vulnerable. It hurts. :?

14. Fretful_Porpentine

I don't really feel betrayed....I mean, he had pretty valid reasons for quitting. I'm just sad because I'll never get to dance with him again.....and I'll probably never see him again.

15. I know how you feel. But, maybe he will be teaching someplace else, but that's the story they dish out. I've seen that happen before.

16. Fretful_Porpentine

Maybe.....but I doubt it.

17. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Yeah. I agree, GD44M. If your teacher and you have a rapport, ask him where he's going and whether he intends to continue teaching dance.

18. Fretful_Porpentine

The problem is, I don't know how to get in touch with him!

19. fascination

i am willing to bet one of his other students has his cell number....snoop around;)

20. Fretful_Porpentine

Well, I know one who does. She competes with him, and is his best student. The reason I'm pretty sure he's not switching studios is because his student had talked to him before he quit, and he told her that he was simply quitting, and not intending to teach anywhere else.